Value of: Colin Miller and Nikita Gusev to TOR

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
The OP said that Miller and the VGK were trying to get a deal done during reg. season, and, there was a fallout from Miller's camp.

Just because the OP says there was a rumor doesn't mean there actual was one, or that it was actually true. See the Subban trade that got to ten pages the other day.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Literally everybody is worth Nylander when the Leafs are involved....unless it's a #4D....then it's Nylander+.

Miller is worth Nylander because that's what it would take to pry him from McPhee's hands. In other words, no interest in moving him.

As a matter of fact I recall having this exact conversation with Leaf fans before the season even began and before Miller had a breakout year.

Reactions: Sir Goose

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Pretty sure Vegas also needs Miller, Gusev however idk what price that would take. Maybe just a so-so prospect so Vegas can get something back for his rights. Aaltonen, Nielsen, Bracco, or even Leivo. Even add a pick to it if that’s not enough.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Pretty sure Vegas also needs Miller, Gusev however idk what price that would take. Maybe just a so-so prospect so Vegas can get something back for his rights. Aaltonen, Nielsen, Bracco, or even Leivo. Even add a pick to it if that’s not enough.

I'd be fine with Gusev for Leivo. Might work out for Toronto, might not. I figure Leivo gets a 3rd or 4th at this point if we're talking only picks.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Literally everybody is worth Nylander when the Leafs are involved....unless it's a #4D....then it's Nylander+.

It goes 2ways, want promising players but none of the valuable players are never on the table.

Leafs have 5-6 players with high value, after that there's a good drop and why would anyone sell their quality players for multi player packages? Or Kaps+1st?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'd be fine with Gusev for Leivo. Might work out for Toronto, might not. I figure Leivo gets a 3rd or 4th at this point if we're talking only picks.

Lionheart Leivo addresses all VGK's needs. In losing a potential top 6 dynamic speedster in Gusev, they gain a speedy winger that can play up and down the lineup, kills penalties and is only 22 so he can pass through waivers if need be. I loved how Leivo has played for the Leafs the past 2 playoffs.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Lionheart Leivo addresses all VGK's needs. In losing a potential top 6 dynamic speedster in Gusev, they gain a speedy winger that can play up and down the lineup, kills penalties and is only 22 so he can pass through waivers if need be. I loved how Leivo has played for the Leafs the past 2 playoffs.

A gentleman's agreement, huzzah!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad