Value of: Colin Miller and Nikita Gusev to TOR

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
I feel like these are 2 players from VGK the Leafs could target this summer.

There were rumours surrounding the Leafs and Miller last summer but nothing got done. With Dubas coming in as GM there's a Soo connection with him and Miller. I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs interest was actually driven by Dubas and with an upgrade on D needed he could still be interested.

As for Gusev I find it unlikely he'll sign with Vegas considering he didn't even sign with them before the Shipachyov stuff went down. Babcock recently said in an interview at the Worlds that Gusev is a player the Leafs have looked at as well.

What would the asking price be from Vegas to part with these 2 players?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Dubas also loves Schmidt...don't think we have anything to make it happen though at a price we'd be comfortable with.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
I don’t think gusev can come over to the nhl until his KHL contract is up. I think he has 3 more years left on it.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Vegas want to give up Miller? They're in the western finals with him playing a big role, no reason for them to let him go now.

The OP said that Miller and the VGK were trying to get a deal done during reg. season, and, there was a fallout from Miller's camp.

Miller either wanted to be paid a lot or just flat out --- not want to play in Vegas.

Thus, the VGK's GM would be foolish to let Miller walk away for free; since he is a soon-to-be UFA. Plus, I don't think McPhee is willing to commit to Miller for long-term, and, maybe doesn't want to give him the big $'s.

Also --- Kyle Dubas was previously the GM of Colin Miller's OHL team, Sault Ste. Marie, for 3 YEARS.

It is noted that Dubas & Miller have a really good relationship (Dubas is 32 years old, Miller is 26 years old>>> They are probably good friends due to the small age gap, Dubas has even said he has a close-relationship with many players whom he GMed @ Saut St. Marie ----- since he was pretty much the players' age when he was GMing --- which is really cool).

>>>> Thus, it is a popular theory that Miller wants to play for his home-town team, the Leafs since he also has A REALLY GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH DUBAS. So it all adds up.

If McPhee wants to let Miller walk for free >>>>> he is too blind to see what is occurring-between Miller/Leafs. Furthermore, he will be an idiot for not trading him, since it is clearly evident what is transfolding.

Plus, VGK have so many more superstars than the TML. Do they really want to pay a guy big $ who has just recently had a breakout year? Does TML have more $$ to spend than VGK? This has been pretty much EVERY VGK's players' breakout year. So, can they afford to mis-pay Miller, and, ruin their opportunity to keep one of their stars in the future.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
:ha: This is just pure horse shit

You didn't even get Miller's age right.:laugh:

The OP said that Miller and the VGK were trying to get a deal done during reg. season, and, there was a fallout from Miller's camp.

Miller either wanted to be paid a lot or just flat out --- not want to play in Vegas.

Thus, the VGK's GM would be foolish to let Miller walk away for free; since he is a soon-to-be UFA. Plus, I don't think McPhee is willing to commit to Miller for long-term, and, maybe doesn't want to give him the big $'s.

Also --- Kyle Dubas was previously the GM of Colin Miller's OHL team, Sault Ste. Marie, for 3 YEARS.

It is noted that Dubas & Miller have a really good relationship (Dubas is 32 years old, Miller is 26 years old>>> They are probably good friends due to the small age gap, Dubas has even said he has a close-relationship with many players whom he GMed @ Saut St. Marie ----- since he was pretty much the players' age when he was GMing --- which is really cool).

>>>> Thus, it is a popular theory that Miller wants to play for his home-town team, the Leafs since he also has A REALLY GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH DUBAS. So it all adds up.

If McPhee wants to let Miller walk for free >>>>> he is too blind to see what is occurring-between Miller/Leafs. Furthermore, he will be an idiot for not trading him, since it is clearly evident what is transfolding.

Plus, VGK have so many more superstars than the TML. Do they really want to pay a guy big $ who has just recently had a breakout year? Does TML have more $$ to spend than VGK? This has been pretty much EVERY VGK's players' breakout year. So, can they afford to mis-pay Miller, and, ruin their opportunity to keep one of their stars in the future.

Reactions: Sir Goose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad