Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: The Crosby and Vanek Show (w/ guest Craig Adams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
At this point, I'm more worried about how the third line is looking than the fourth line. The 4th line has consistently brought the effort pretty much every game this season. The third line has had its struggles.

I think Cooke and Sutter are consistent and solid players. Once TK gets back to normal or is replaced that 3rd line should be alot more dangerous.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
I'd like to see the Malkin-Crosby-Neal line out there at least once or twice a period. It's awesome to watch them each time they're out there. Could help Malkin & Neal's ES funk as well.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Returning to the SCF this day & age in the NHL is pretty damn tough. I understand frustration with coaching, fans of every team get frustrated, but Playoff exits shouldn't be the basis on which we judge a coach's ability. If they Pens weren't making the playoffs I'd be all for a change, but all the past cup winners have had trouble getting back to the Finals or Conference Finals. There is a lot of parity in this league, and competition.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Returning to the SCF this day & age in the NHL is pretty damn tough. I understand frustration with coaching, fans of every team get frustrated, but Playoff exits shouldn't be the basis on which we judge a coach's ability. If they Pens weren't making the playoffs I'd be all for a change, but all the past cup winners have had trouble getting back to the Finals or Conference Finals. There is a lot of parity in this league, and competition.

I think there's a certain level of expectation - justifiable so, in my mind - when you have the "two best players in the world."

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I think there's a certain level of expectation - justifiable so, in my mind - when you have the "two best players in the world."

I agree that there is an expectation, it's just that the past few years have shown it's really difficult to fulfill that expectation for any team. There are a lot of talented teams in this league who are expected to win, and they don't. The Penguins are one of those teams, even though they aren't that far removed from back to back SCF appearances. I'm not saying this is an indication that Bylsma is a great coach, I'm just saying it should be about more than winning/losing in the playoffs. I get that winning is all that matters, my point is winning championships consistently in the NHL, and sports in general (which I think is what the analogy between Bellichk and Bylsma was about) is a non existent reality.

Let's say the Pens win the cup this year, then get bounced out in the first round the next 3 years. Are fans going to be clamoring he be fired again? It just seems like with that mentality it's a never ending cycle, and as we all know you can't win it every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad