Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Bs - This game was circled since June

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plus

+ Sutter: Best game from #16 since he put on the black/gold. All over the ice and killed it in both ends. He deserved the go ahead goal. Too bad it wasn't the GWG. Great fight in his game tonight. I hope he can stay at that level. This is a coming out party for Sutter (hopefully).

+ Bort: Man's game tonight and he showed why he's in the line up. He has balls to go one on one with Chara and doesn't give two ****. He will fight and push anyone because he knows he's that good now. There is no question at all in his game. You can see the confidence building and I think that has something to do with his partner #3, too.

+ Adams/Glass: Good 4th line type game.

+ Megnatron: Skill, physical, skates like the wind. What else do you want?

+ Paullie M: Martin is still at a very high level from last year. He's playing at a tremendous level and I'm glad he isn't hurt.

+ Joey V: I love Joey V's attitude out there. He sets the tone and doesn't stop until his final shift.

+ Fleury: **** it.. he stepped his game up tonight. Shades of 2009 with that final save.

Quick one, boys. Have at it! No negative for me. I loved every second of this game.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
- Letang: I'm not sure if it's his doing, he's been playing a lot right away and the team needs to utilize their other defensemen more, Bortz playing under 15, Maatta as well, Engo under 10mins, etc. I mean that last one, sure, but maybe TRUST your god damned defensemen more instead of just throwing minutes at 3 guys and well 4 I guess with Niskanen too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
What. A. ****ing. Game.

Unbelievable. This rivalry is legit as ****. Screw the Caps, I'd say the Bruins--right now--are our second biggest rival.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
This is the intensity and killer instinct that this team was missing from games 2 to 4 in the conference finals. We were laying them out at every single opportunity and played some excellent positional hockey in our own end to limit their chances. Excellent overall performance!

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
+ Megnatron
+ Dupuis, DDS
+ Bortuzzo
+ Fleury
+ Glass-Sutter-Adams. Gotta give them credit. They've been great and this was Sutter's best game all year.

+++ Beating the Boston Bruins in a close game

- this game wasn't a playoff game

--- this version of Jarome Iginla; just disgusting what he's become

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
What happened between Crosby and Iginla? I thought Iginla was respectfull? Seems like a tard now.

The only thing i really noticed was Sid was playing him pretty tough defensively. On one sequence he was giving him the stick in front of the net and pushed him right up to the crossbar. Other than that maybe stuff was said on ice? Dunno.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
+ Pens played the kind of hockey you need to to win in the playoffs

- They still did not look as good as Boston did, though that is because of the injuries more than anything else IMO

+ They did it while pretty decimated with injuries against a healthy stacked and very motivated Boston team

+ Fleury really needs to get some props for his play so far this year.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This biggest plus I have given in quite awhile...

+ for 60 minutes of play.

You guys saw the same game I did, we all know who did well. However...Letang has been just awful in all of his games. Almost makes you wonder if we wouldn't be better off without him and have someone called up.

penguins2946*

How did Maatta look, and what do you mean by "this version of Iginla"? Does he suck now?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
- Letang: I'm not sure if it's his doing, he's been playing a lot right away and the team needs to utilize their other defensemen more, Bortz playing under 15, Maatta as well, Engo under 10mins, etc. I mean that last one, sure, but maybe TRUST your god damned defensemen more instead of just throwing minutes at 3 guys and well 4 I guess with Niskanen too.

Letang made a couple of brain dead plays.

And WTF was up with Sid and Geno doing a trading places thing tonight? Loved that Geno totally showed, but you had Sid trying to dance three guys, cheating offensively and defensively. Not hatefully, but he got suffocated again by Boston except when Bylsma got him out there against Krug. Can they both just show up 100% for the same game just one more time before I die?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad