Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Blues - Oh well... shit happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
slow start, looked solid the rest of the way. Huge game from Binn, that game could have gone way differently. We made him stop 40 pucks.

Bounce back tomorrow.

Give them a medal for dressing for this game.

No "bounce back" tomorrow will bring back the 2 points they should've gotten today. They should've gotten 4 points for their playoff race this weekend. lazy losers.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Thought the Pens pushed hard to the end, though. That was nice. And I mean that. Take that into tomorrow and whip up the Flyers.

Winners get a win. Losers get a consolation prize for trying. These Penguins are losers.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
40 saves for Non Jake Allen .

Not much we could do besides try not to come out like that and leave Murray out to dry digging that hole.

Not like we lost putting up less than 20 shots. We are fine. Carter Hart will find out tomm.

Perhaps they could try shooting somewhere other than goalie's pads or wide, for a change?

Simon tried once, and it worked! Maybe they should've tried that a bit more?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Winners get a win. Losers get a consolation prize for trying. These Penguins are losers.
One team, Tampa, has had a better record than us over the last 10 games.

Whole lot of losers in the NHL. We have a shot! Eventually one of the horde of losers will break ahead of the pack!

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Looked like the CBus game last Saturday.

Hungry team won, we had our chances. Not worried. Win tomorrow. Get Letang and Rust back.

@ColePens i don’t really agree with your point that JJ is our best D, I see a lot of Schultz playing out of his mind there.

You aren't worried that Pens weren't hungry? This time of the year? With their situation in the standings?

Than something is wrong with you as much as with them.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
One team, Tampa, has had a better record than us over the last 10 games.

Whole lot of losers in the NHL. We have a shot! Eventually one of the horde of losers will break ahead of the pack!

Yes you are right! Not showing up for games and laying eggs is totally fine!

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
When people say that the Pens couldn’t match the opposing team’s intensity because they weren’t “desperate” enough, it implies that they do indeed attempt to “flip a switch” when they want to. This also implies that they just go through the motions with a don’t give a shit attitude when they want to.

Does this team of professional athletes indeed decide when they want to play hard and when they don’t? Was today a throw away day because they are focused on Philly? Are they “comfortable” with where they are in the standings now so they can take games off if they feel like it?

Reactions: Angrrus

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
it would take a pretty serious collapse at this point to miss. We're probably more likely to finish 2nd in the division than miss the playoffs.

Not with performances like today.

Every point counts. They can't afford a single loss.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You aren't worried that Pens weren't hungry? This time of the year? With their situation in the standings?

Than something is wrong with you as much as with them.
That's what I have a problem with also. Why are other teams ''hungry'' but we're not? It's one thing to lose. It's quite another when most players don't even bother to show up! And to be clear I don't have to pay when I go to games, but some people I know do. And I can tell you they're also tired of paying money for a team that has such showings. And IMO it happens much too frequently.

Reactions: Angrrus

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
We lead in SOG, FO%,# of PP, less PIM, more hits you name it but our goalies (mostly MM) weren't good and they got ...more goals.

...oh and they did block more shots, more than twice as much so there's that.

One team shot into the goalie.

Another one shot on the net.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Numbers 4 and 2 indicate they've had 6 "bumps on the road" out of 17. One third. Quite a bumpy road. Far too many for a team balancing in the verge of making playoffs.

Well on the NHL standings page if you look at the last 10 games stat we are 4th in the league. We are going quite well.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yes you are right! Not showing up for games and laying eggs is totally fine!
Genuine question; Did you expect us to win every game for the rest of the season since the team's play turned around a few weeks ago? Losses happen, man. :laugh: It's not a big deal. A month ago people had this team pegged for a lottery pick and they went on a run. The truth is, we're probably somewhere in between lottery team and the team that went on said run, but we're far closer to the latter than the former.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Well on the NHL standings page if you look at the last 10 games stat we are 4th in the league. We are going quite well.

I prefer to look into the standings and see that we are just a couple of points away from missing PO's or facing Tampa in the first round.

Too much was lost in months previous. They can't afford to lose a single point now. And they don't seem to understand it.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
So you're saying they have to go undefeated the rest of the season to make the playoffs?

With the way they played from Oct to Feb, with the number of teams fighting for playoff spots, with current 3-point system - yes.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
So you're saying they have to go undefeated the rest of the season to make the playoffs?
Nothing is guaranteed. The Pens haven’t secured a playoff spot yet. They should assume that Carolina and Columbus and Montreal are going to win every game and thus, they should be playing to win every game...

But posters routinely suggest that this team “takes nights off” because they aren’t as “desperate” or emotionally invested in the game as the other team. Routinely losing to bottom feeder teams reinforces that suggestion.

I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that this team actually decides when they actually want to play hard and when they dont. If they were in Tampa’s position I could maybe understand it, but they are still scratching and clawing for a playoff spot and just deciding to not show up because they went on a run and moved up in the standings???

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
With the way they played from Oct to Feb, with the number of teams fighting for playoff spots, with current 3-point system - yes.

What if I told you that mathematically, even if Montreal won out the rest of the regular season the Penguins would still be able to lose 2 games?

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I prefer to look into the standings and see that we are just a couple of points away from missing PO's or facing Tampa in the first round.

Too much was lost in months previous. They can't afford to lose a single point now. And they don't seem to understand it.
I see it similarly. We wasted a lot potential points on teams like OTT, NJ, BUF and CHI. We're not gonna be able to make them up, but we at least should have a sense of urgency because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad