GDT: Cole Caufield VS Sun Devils (Game2) - 5pm/Nov29 - RDS2/TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
oh man Badgers sucks.. why does Caufield stayed there..

they look terrible.

Because the Habs felt he would get eaten alive in the AHL? Because his game still needs alot of improvement before turning pro?

Weissbach is a good NCAA player, Im fed up of the poor team, poor coaching excuses, at some point, the kid has to look at himself in the mirror and put more efforts, period.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It is frustrating to watch but I am not so sure that it is terrible for his development. He already knows how to take one timers and get open for them. It is not a bad thing that he is being forced to handle the puck and skate with it. It is also not a bad thing for him to learn to play through adversity

I think he will be fine when he has NHL talent on his line with him, and clapping open one timers in Wisconsin isn't going to build on anything that he already has.

I dont entirely disagree with your assessment but at the same time, if he continues to be frustrated like he was tonight and throws bad angle shots on net every shift, that isnt super good for him either.

People will need to chill this year though, his production might not be eye popping because there isnt a natural passer on that team.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Because the Habs felt he would get eaten alive in the AHL? Because his game still needs alot of improvement before turning pro?

Weissbach is a good NCAA player, Im fed up of the poor team, poor coaching excuses, at some point, the kid has to look at himself in the mirror and put more efforts, period.

wait, did I say he should be in the NHL or AHL? I m just saying his coaching staff seems to be clueless the team overall is terrible.. at least from this 2 games I saw.. But i guess it wasnt in his cards to change university with his brothers and all.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
wait, did I say he should be in the NHL or AHL? I m just saying his coaching staff seems to be clueless the team overall is terrible.. at least from this 2 games I saw.. But i guess it wasnt in his cards to change university with his brothers and all.
I think you have to take a year off to change universities and still be eligible to play NCAA

Reactions: David Suzuki

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think you have to take a year off to change universities and still be eligible to play NCAA

Not always, like Sean Dhooghe who was in Wisconsin last year.
Wisconsin's Dhooghe Transfers to Arizona State
There are three ways that's possible: one, a player can seek a waiver, which usually involves a release by the team he's leaving; two, the player can finish his graduation requirements and play as a graduate transfer, which doesn't require sitting a year; or three, the NCAA rules may change.

The Big Ten recently introduced legislation into the NCAA pipeline which would allow all players a free one-time transfer without having to sit out a season. That legislation is due to be voted on in April.

A fresh start: Sean Dhooghe is looking to regain his elite form after transferring to Arizona State

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
AHL contract.

I would be very surprised to see Brock Caufield surrender his study grant for 70k. He might be bad at hockey, but he's not dumb.

EDIT: Also, you have to find a team of a relevant level for Cole who would take him. I'm not sure Brock would even make Europe 2nd level leagues.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
This is what I said last night but everyone got emotional
You are delusional.
Majority of posters were in agreement.
Trying to get hyped for this game but it ain't easy lol
The skill level is so bad. If Caufield is still there next year I am gonna be angry.:ha:
Need Habs games...

You see the kid has great talent and spunk, but he's got no one to play with. @montreal has this been that way since the start of the season?

No shit he was not scoring, there's no one to set him up on that team... He has to do both...

Wow, what a waste then. Seriously, it's a wasted hockey year. Should have gone the Europe way.

He will need AT LEAST one season in Laval before being considered a contender for a Habs spot. Kid is playing with such inferior talent, it's depressing.

He will need to play in a competitive pro league before. With his team, he's not learning a lot.

That's the thing we always have to remember when it comes to cole caufield and his NCAA stats

Its. Wisconsin.

He could of gone to a BUNCH of places, and god knows how much more production he would have for the stat seekers
And at LEAST last year he had Turcotte, now it's like.. lol.. let's take what we get baby
I can only imagine he produces even more in the AHL just on the talent bump alone

Maybe
I really just think, you have to surround him with NHL talent , at least nhl drafted players right now even

He may look less impressive to you RIGHT now, but really, a lot can be who your surrounded with, and right now.. hes surrounded by garbage.

This ain't no badgers, more like raccoons!
And now 2-4

I know that there's a shit ton of NCAA teams and goalie talent is diluted, but man, this is ridiculous.

Sweet Jesus. Do goalies exist in Wisconsin?

Maybe. Europe would have been soooo much better for him. Kid wanted to play with his bro I guess. One last year. It's been a wasted year for everybody anyway! So, we'll see. f***ing 2020 needs to end.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Haven’t been on the Caufield hype train since we drafted him but I’m actually happy to see him struggle and sit a bit as his game will not transfer to the pros especially in the Habs system if there’s not a complete effort away from the puck so hopefully he takes the wake up call on board.

Jul 6, 2016
Newhook, Tomassino or or Kaliyev would had been safer, better picks.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Hope I’m wrong but I’ve seen this movie before. I think it’s time to stop pencilling Cole into our top 6. He should be dominating teams like this. Looking like this might be a bad pick, should have went with Newhook.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Newhook, Tomassino or or Kaliyev would had been safer, better picks.

I was pretty negative on Newhook because I wasn't a fan of his game in the BCHL. I may have really misread his game.. but time will tell. I just wouldn't burn a pick on BCHL players.. but he has some skill, always has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad