Speculation: Cole Caufield and Alexander Romanov NHL arrival? (read OP)

when will Cole Caufield and Alexander Romanov be NHL ready?

• CC is NHL ready

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CC 4 years away

• CC 5+ years away

• AR 2 years away

• AR 3 years away

• AR 4 years away

• AR 5+ years away

• Total voters

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
with NHL 21 out, I thought it would be fun/interesting to try and add some high caliber player that are not accessible in the game (KHL and NCAA).

I figured the best way to gage the overall of these players would be to ask the fans that (insert player) plays for.

will post results in the EA sport thread

Please answer honestly​

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I put Caufield at 2, but I really think he's more of a 1.5 as I could see him playing half a season in the AHL before getting called up and sticking with the Habs. That said, the longer the NHL season gets delayed, the more likely I think it is that Caufield will show up to training camp. Especially if Wisconsin is uncompetitive again and the AHL has a start date.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I think if the Habs are firmly in the playoffs and Caufield’s season is done at that time (whatever that looks like), he’s more likely than not to sign an ELC and join the team for at least practices, maybe ice time.

Unless his development goes completely off the rails this year he will be on the roster come start of next year IMO

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Romanov likely is a regular for us this year.

Caufield, depending how schedules work out, finishes the year with us and ultimately replaces Tatar in the lineup going forward.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
2 years for Cole and by the sounds of it Roma is starting the year in the big leagues, we'll see if he sticks or moves back and forth to Laval

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Romanov this year.

Caufield 2 years away. NCAA this year, start in Laval next year. Of course, line-ups can change and players traded or not re-signed, but with Gallagher, Toffoli, and Anderson there long term, they can be patient with Caufield.

Reactions: PhysicX

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I guess I'm too conservative-thinking in this matter, 3 years away for Caufield (he will need adjustment in the AHL) and 1 year away for Romanov (maybe like half a season in the A with Bouchard, mainly for the speed of the game, I don't trust Julien with young dmen)

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I guess I'm too conservative-thinking in this matter, 3 years away for Caufield (he will need adjustment in the AHL) and 1 year away for Romanov (maybe like half a season in the A with Bouchard, mainly for the speed of the game, I don't trust Julien with young dmen)

Give me an example of why you don’t trust Julien with young dmen?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
no one knows when Caufield will be ready, as he could play in the NHL now but they weren't happy with his defensive play (imo) so if there is an NCAA season and he plays the way they know he can, then that moves him closer to the NHL. If he plays like this past season then he would either repeat or Laval depending on how much he improved or not.

Now that the Habs have a lot of spots locked up they may be forced to stop rushing prospects to the NHL which would finally be great news from the development side after so many years of shit decisions.

So I would guess that Caufield plays in the NCAA (if they have a full season) this year and likely starts in Laval next year but it also wouldn't surprise me if he made the team in '21-'22.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Romanov will be our best left-shooting D by the end of next season.

Add to that a Calder candidate by his poise with and without the puck.

Caufield is 2 years away imo.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Top prospect with two years of NCAA play under their belts are generally NHL ready. Yolo will still need need to adopt to NA rinks and lifestyle.

I won’t necessarily disagree though we’ll see how much development happens for CC this season. Hopefully this damn pandemic doesn’t hamper NCAA scheduling too much.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I won’t necessarily disagree though we’ll see how much development happens for CC this season. Hopefully this damn pandemic doesn’t hamper NCAA scheduling too much.
Sounds like he’s getting great practice in with the US national team- and put on weight during the sports shutdown- so i think hes on schedule to be ready for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad