GDT: "Cold War" | 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi | February 7-23 | Medal Count in Post #1

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT Music #1​
|
GDT Music #2​
|

- -

Soči 2014

Medal Count
G: 10
S: 10
B: 5

GO CANADA GO!

Key Dates:

Thursday, February 6 - Figure Skating competitions begin

Friday, February 7 - Opening Ceremonies

Saturday, February 8 - Team Canada (women) vs. Switzerland / Speed Skating starts

Monday, February 10 - Short Track Speed Skating starts / Curling round-robin starts

Thursday, February 13 - Team Canada (men) vs. Norway

Sunday, February 23 - Men's Ice Hockey Gold Medal Game / Closing Ceremonies

Last edited:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
could probably just toss the womens hockey team in there, guaranteed a medal

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
This is definitely gonna be an interesting Olympics to follow - not only for the sporting events but for all the stuff going on around the Olympics.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
We win, first, we win Canada. First, we win, we win Canada. Third win, 80,000 peoples, red jersey, everybody put red and white jersey. And we win the score, more goals, and it doesn’t matter how, how much, how many shoots other guy shoots at our pucks, our nets, so we win. We’re very excited. It doesn’t matter right now. We, we beat everyone, so.

[Reporter]
Little too close at the end there?

I don’t know. You – You can give me like hundred questions, but we win. Canada win. Canada better Canada, so . . . see you next time.

[Reporters]
(crosstalk inaudible)

Surprise did I? Not surprised. Wa – We been ready 100 percent. We score six goals. We score more goals and win the games, and we win Canada. We beat everyone. We win – wonderful rink, 80,000 guys and ‘Russia, Russia! Let’s go!’ We have, I think we have, I don’t know, 30, 40 guys from Whitehorse, and they put their Canadian jerseys and ‘Come on, Canada!’ and we win, so that’s it. Thanks, guys.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
No Stamkos :( BRUTAL.

Hall may be on the short list of replacement players.

Even though he didn't do too well in the WHC, I think he would have a much better showing considering the WHC aren't very competitive comparably.

I would really like to see him paired with an elite center ala Crosby. Could really get to see how/if it changes his game playing with players above his skill level.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
This thread is like bad omen.

Unleashes the local curse on our Nations fortunes.

Oh, noes, its like a GDT for Olympics

posted on Edmonton oilers board yikes

bad ominous foreboding portent, just bad\

end now, save the seals

I go hide now

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Taylor Hall might stand a chance. Let's say that Stamkos' replacement is Hall, Giroux, Staal, St. Louis or Neal. Hall is by far the best skater among them. If TC thinks they need speed, Hall is a good choice.

Hall - Toews - Sharp

That being said I think that the replacement is going to be Giroux, and as a Finn, Giroux doesn't scare me nearly as much as Hall does. :)

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Taylor Hall might stand a chance. Let's say that Stamkos' replacement is Hall, Giroux, Staal, St. Louis or Neal. Hall is by far the best skater among them. If TC thinks they need speed, Hall is a good choice.

Hall - Toews - Sharp

That being said I think that the replacement is going to be Giroux, and as a Finn, Giroux doesn't scare me nearly as much as Hall does. :)

I'm sorry but Hall has zero chance. Unless MSL, Giroux, Staal and Neal all break their legs in the next 2 days Hall won't be on the team.

We all know they're just gonna take Dupuis anyways :sarcasm:

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Looks like this is going to be the worst Olympics in quite a while. But that's completely on the IOC for picking such a stupid place to hold them.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Great. My sleep will be ruined for a couple of weeks. lol.

I love Winter Olympics.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
After reading about all the troubles the media have been reporting on in Sochi, the toilets, stray dogs, hotels without lobbies, toilet paper bins etc. I kind of wish the Sun sent Terry Jones and a box of doughnuts.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Hall - Toews - Sharp

I thought hall was not one of the 5 emergency backs that got filed with ioc earlier in the month

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
These are real photos from journalists, touring the athletes village..

For 51 Billion dollars, they can't afford, private toilet stalls....
ibldh07WGUNgM5.jpg

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton

ibldh07WGUNgM5.jpg

I saw these a few days ago. Absolutely bush league. Who the hell gives something like that an "OK"? I've heard that it isn't uncommon in that region of Russia for the toilets to be in a communal setting such as this, but you would think that somebody would have noticed and said, "This isn't going to fly with the Europeans and North Americans. Nobody wants to experience other cultures while dropping a deuce."

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

ibldh07WGUNgM5.jpg

I hope they can spare a square :laugh:

In all seriousness, that's really a joke. At least have a partition or something. It's uncomfortable enough doing no.1 next to another dude at a urinal. I can't imagine trying to splash a deuce in a place like that.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I hope they can spare a square :laugh:

In all seriousness, that's really a joke. At least have a partition or something. It's uncomfortable enough doing no.1 next to another dude at a urinal. I can't imagine trying to splash a deuce in a place like that.

Don't have to worry about sparing a square, they don't flush them..

ibdIzyHUc16ub3.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad