GDT: Cold enough fer ya? (no game, for fun)

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
When it gets this cold I honestly don't feel much of a difference. I can't tell the difference when its 10F vs -10F if there's no wind. Throw in gusts over 30mph and then you have a different story. It's the same with humidity in the summer. 70F with 80% humidity feels the same as 80F with 70% humidity. I was hoping to get back to work this week after the turds in DC poked their heads up, but this weather gave me an extra week off...

I think I got it figured out now. It was a simple dead battery, but I couldn't get with just a jump. So, I took the battery out, brought it in the house and charged it. Worked just fine except unhooking the car from the battery completely F'd up the computer/electrical. Car started just fine but everything electrical was a disaster. Pretty much everything in his car is effected by the computer system. the cars acceleration, transmission, and traction control(awd) are all involved. It was all well beyond my mechanical knowledge, but I think we got everything back in order after some reading and youtube. Back in my day, all you needed the battery for was to start the F'n car.:pullhair:
Don't get me started on how newer vehicles are put together lol. My brother has a 2010 Malibu with a front headlight that likes to short out every 2 months. Unless you have some fancy shop tools you can't replace it yourself so the only way to fix it is to spend 120$ at the dealership.

It can be. Our biggest issue was a curtailment on natural gas, so we have to switch and burn fuel oil or coal instead. That and the load of people that NEED power, heat, etc is of course skyrockets.
Tinfoil Hat: PROOF THAT BIG OIL AND COAL CREATED WINTER TO MAKE MORE MONEY!:sarcasm:

Who keeps their thermostat over 55 anyways?
Almost every woman I've lived with :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Don't get me started on how newer vehicles are put together lol. My brother has a 2010 Malibu with a front headlight that likes to short out every 2 months. Unless you have some fancy shop tools you can't replace it yourself so the only way to fix it is to spend 120$ at the dealership.

Tell him to buy a box of the plastic clips (they aren't expensive from amazon, buying them from auto parts store is a ripoff). Then show him this:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm glad I'm not a kid in school this year. Trading your Spring Break for a week off school because it's cold. :laugh:

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
My wife's Honda barely started yesterday. I put it in the garage last night, opened the hood and put a trouble light (turned on) pointed towards the engine. Started fine this morning.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My wife's Honda barely started yesterday. I put it in the garage last night, opened the hood and put a trouble light (turned on) pointed towards the engine. Started fine this morning.

Mine sits outside. The important stuff goes in the garage: motorcycles, whatever project thing I'm tinkering on, my tools, and the beer fridge. I really should get a yard shed, but I'm pretty sure the kid would claim it as her clubhouse.

I had to use the Ram's battery on jumper cables to get it to fire this morning.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Tell him to buy a box of the plastic clips (they aren't expensive from amazon, buying them from auto parts store is a ripoff). Then show him this:

Yeah I know about that method as well. Thing is my brother is the one guy in the family that didn't learn any basic skills when it comes to tools so either my dad or I had to do stuff for him lol.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah I know about that method as well. Thing is my brother is the one guy in the family that didn't learn any basic skills when it comes to tools so either my dad or I had to do stuff for him lol.

Beer and pizza (family rate) for 5-10 mins still isn't a bad deal. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad