GDT: Cold enough fer ya? (no game, for fun)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So who took/got today off of work? Schools are closed everywhere around me. The USPS even said nope.

My truck wont start (probably because I didn't go outside and put the key in the ignition).

bf381452a9a6bd4cc3080a5abf9cb27e--animal-memes-animal-quotes.jpg

Lets Stay Warm!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I turned my outside x-mas light on. They look so much better with the recent snow compared to the brown bleh I had in Dec.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I drove in. Not sure why, since half the office is out. I guess my car will be warmer in the underground parking garage than the garage at my house.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My dog goes out to poop right after his breakfast, like clockwork, every day. Today, I open the door for him, he goes halfway out, then backs his way back in. Gives me an apologetic look.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
My dog goes out to poop right after his breakfast, like clockwork, every day. Today, I open the door for him, he goes halfway out, then backs his way back in. Gives me an apologetic look.

Mine went out, did her business, and sprinted at the speed of light back to the door.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Felt like I drove in on a jet ski. One of the rooftop heaters is out which makes it cold at one end of the building, but the AC is out in the server room so it's nearly 80 in there. Beach party in the nerdacombs.

Reactions: SMTHook

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im at work , no rest for the wicked. there is a reasonably price florida condo that just came on the market hmmmm maybe i should move & become a lightning fan?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
im at work , no rest for the wicked. there is a reasonably price florida condo that just came on the market hmmmm maybe i should move & become a lightning fan?

Become a Panther's fan, they need all the help they can get. :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016

It took 2 trips for my dogs.

The kid got up and asked what the temp was, so we told her to stick her nose out the door. She said she didn't want to because the dogs will rush the door (like normal). Told her to do it and see what happens. The dogs went as far away from that door as they could as soon as she started heading that way. :laugh:

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I'm here but I live too close to work to think of a good enough excuse to not be here. The company I work for is a large health system here in Mpls and we NEVER shut down because our hospitals don't shut down. This is as close as we've ever gotten.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I go from my garage to an underground ramp to the skyways and it's still too cold for me to want to leave the house. Fingers crossed I get this job in Phoenix soon so I don't have to deal with this anymore.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I work in the power industry, so whatever happens...we have to work. That said, I was off shift today but I did have to bring the dog out to try to go to the bathroom a few times. In shorts too, she didn't last very long.
Are the demands on the power grid the greatest at times like these?

Fighting fires, fixing burst water mains...not good in temps like these.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Xcel Energy is urging all customers to turn their thermostats down to 63 degrees.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What's wrong?
I think I got it figured out now. It was a simple dead battery, but I couldn't get with just a jump. So, I took the battery out, brought it in the house and charged it. Worked just fine except unhooking the car from the battery completely F'd up the computer/electrical. Car started just fine but everything electrical was a disaster. Pretty much everything in his car is effected by the computer system. the cars acceleration, transmission, and traction control(awd) are all involved. It was all well beyond my mechanical knowledge, but I think we got everything back in order after some reading and youtube. Back in my day, all you needed the battery for was to start the F'n car.:pullhair:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think I got it figured out now. It was a simple dead battery, but I couldn't get with just a jump. So, I took the battery out, brought it in the house and charged it. Worked just fine except unhooking the car from the battery completely F'd up the computer/electrical. Car started just fine but everything electrical was a disaster. Pretty much everything in his car is effected by the computer system. the cars acceleration, transmission, and traction control(awd) are all involved. It was all well beyond my mechanical knowledge, but I think we got everything back in order after some reading and youtube. Back in my day, all you needed the battery for was to start the F'n car.:pullhair:

Those computers aren't cheap, and they can't be bypassed. I know my Dodge has some weird ways to reset the computer after a battery change. I have it written down somewhere, but IIRC: I have to reconnect the battery, start it, if the idle is rough/off turn it off, then turn the key to on (not start) for 4 secs, then turn it off (repeat 4 times). I feel ya on the computers/electronics in newer cars.

Simple causes: exhaust isn't plugged with snow, water in the gas (it doesn't but 1 frozen drop to mess up the fuel flow), o2 sensor could be frozen. When it's this cold gremlins can show up, and when the weather gets better/normal they go away. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad