Colby Cave board on Aleksander Barkov

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

No call. Barkov sat on the bench for a few minutes then left and didn’t come back at around the 10 minute mark. Panthers won the game without him.

May have to do the same on Saturday to have a shot at the playoffs (if Philly loses).

Silver lining: Borgstrom plays Saturday.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
He made a crazy last second turn to make a great pass. It cost him.
Barkov always plays like that on the boards and has never been spiked. Just a dumb decision by Cave to not at least try to turn away from a hit. Rookie move and he should be put in his place. We play them Sunday, makeup game from a snow out, last game of the year. Paging Michael Haley.

Reactions: Laus723

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Barkov always plays like that on the boards and has never been spiked. Just a dumb decision by Cave to not at least try to turn away from a hit. Rookie move and he should be put in his place. We play them Sunday, makeup game from a snow out, last game of the year. Paging Michael Haley.
Both of the replays you showed were in slow motion and it still looks like a split second decision. He went to finish his hit and Barkov turned at the last second. It's a non-issue. Unfortunate for Barkov that he was injured, but it was a risky play to make.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
McQuaid will gladly feed Haley his lunch again...

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Expecting several games. You don't go bona fide after a superstar like that. In the 90's he would have had his face smashed in.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
How much time did Cave even have to change his mind about the hit once Barkov turned toward the boards? Even in slow mo I could tell he had no time to react. Not to mention he didn't follow through at all. Honestly I think he did a good job minimizing the potential damage there.

Oh, and who the hell is Colby Cave?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
You can knock a player off the puck without leaving your feet. You leave your feet if your intent is to knock them into next week. He glided into Barkov, but both feet come off. Intending to do more than just separate man from puck imo.. Oh well. Barkov is basically done. Cave is a nothing player. Move on.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Yeah, that was more on Barkov than Cave. That was a late turn by Barkov so I don't think you'll see supplemental discipline for this one.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Barkov is one of my fav player

This is a dirty hit, however I don't think it's overly malicious. You're a rookie, the other team's top player has the puck in the offensive zone... clearly won't be able to stick check him so you go for the hit

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Cave was looking to blow up Barkov not separate him from the puck. However Barkov turned late. No penalty necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad