GDT: COL @ WPG: Checkmate (COL Leads 3-1): 9:30p ET

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
It happened regardless of the thoughts around it. He was fighting things and the Avs took full advantage of it.

To me the biggest difference in this series was the 2nd line. That line dominated and allowed the rest of the lineup to find a way to find impacts. Outside two periods (1st in games 1 and 5), I don’t think you could complain in the least with the play. Thats the most encouraging sign. The Avs have a matchup line that can tilt the ice and allow the other lines to play their roles. No more of the first or third lines having to try to shutdown teams. No more having to worry about secondary scoring. It just works and allows the team to have some stability.
I know lots of people were down on him when he had a rough run to close out the season just like the team but I’ve been a huge believer in Mitts since that Canucks game. I have never seen such a constant ice tilting performance live like he put on with Duhaime and Trenin against the Petey line

Was essentially ice level in the Canucks 1/3 end (Avs shoot twice) and that guy was literally constantly in my face. It was crazy

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Can we just double Drouins money 2x1.7
I dont think he'd do it for 2 years but I think a 1 year deal again in that kind of neighborhood is possible.

I personally dont think the big money offers are going to be on the table for him like some posters think. I'd bet a bunch of teams are still very hesitant about whether this year was just a one off, or a product of Mackinnon, etc.

So, I can see him signing a 1 year deal with the Avs again for similar money to what Tatar/ERod signed with us for. Then if he replicates this past seasons, he's probably in line for a 4x$4M type deal somewhere, possibly with us at that point.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I really hope these dinosaur coaches\teams like Winnipeg and LA go extinct asap. Such a boring brand of hockey and rightfully so, getting their asses kicked. Hope the Oilers finish off the Kings as well. I don’t really think the trap/sitting back is even that effective at this point. Just boring hockey that hurts to watch.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
checkmate.gif

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I really hope these dinosaur coaches\teams like Winnipeg and LA go extinct asap. Such a boring brand of hockey and rightfully so, getting their asses kicked. Hope the Oilers finish off the Kings as well. I don’t really think the trap/sitting back is even that effective at this point. Just boring hockey that hurts to watch.
True dat… Van-Nash has had me at the edge of my seat all series long!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad