GDT: COL vs. MIN: *The Throwback Edition* 9PM ET / 7PM MT

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I’d keep the big line together.

The only time I ever feel like breaking them up is when they’re not dominating and they’re on a heater right now.

On another note, the emergence of MacDonald is really going to help if EJ is done for the season. Not that they play the same game, but he can play his minutes without much issue.

The Avs D is stacked and I could see them moving someone in the off-season to get forward help.

Enjoy it for the next few years, because this could be the golden age of Avs defence. Possibly even better than the Blake/Bourque led group.
That first line only goes when they all go and last night they were all going. Every guy was moving their feet, making plays, winning battles. I said it earlier but thats what Avs playoff hockey looks like more or less. Part of the frustration with that first line is we know this is what they are capable of yet we only see it every now and again. If we see them like this more consistently their isnt a team in this conference that could stack up.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
That first line only goes when they all go and last night they were all going. Every guy was moving their feet, making plays, winning battles. I said it earlier but thats what Avs playoff hockey looks like more or less. Part of the frustration with that first line is we know this is what they are capable of yet we only see it every now and again. If we see them like this more consistently their isnt a team in this conference that could stack up.
Last night’s win was great but they need to follow that up with another win in regulation. Then things will start to get real.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Peter Baugh found out last night that MacKinnon has no time for these pressers and the preambles to your questions. It doesn't matter if it's after a dominant win or not, he doesn't want to be there. :laugh:

"You must not have been here two years ago......"

Reactions: Newusername

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Peter Baugh found out last night that MacKinnon has no time for these pressers and the preambles to your questions. It doesn't matter if it's after a dominant win or not, he doesn't want to be there. :laugh:

Yeah, Mack doesn’t like pressers at all. Even said so on the Spittin Chiclets podcast at the beginning of the season. I noticed it quite a bit last night, he was pretty sarcastic a couple times with reporters :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Yeah that was a stupid question, and he got slapped for it. There will be more of those with his lack of experience.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, Mack doesn’t like pressers at all. Even said so on the Spittin Chiclets podcast at the beginning of the season. I noticed it quite a bit last night, he was pretty sarcastic a couple times with reporters :laugh:

Yeah this is one of the few things I dislike about Nate.

As annoying as it may be, this is part of the deal for getting paid millions of dollars to play a game.

If it's a dumb question, then sure no problem. Give a sarcastic answer. But in general, the post game pressers are for the fans that help pay your salary. It's not a big ask, especially after a win.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah this is one of the few things I dislike about Nate.

As annoying as it may be, this is part of the deal for getting paid millions of dollars to play a game.

If it's a dumb question, then sure no problem. Give a sarcastic answer. But in general, the post game pressers are for the fans that help pay your salary. It's not a big ask, especially after a win.

Well when you have a noob beat writer, and people like Chambers, Dater, and AJ.. I think anyone would go into every one of those pressers with a chippy attitude.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I couldn't give a shiny shite what the players have to say after a game

If I was a star player on the Avalanche I'd spend every second of a press conference chatting shit to MMA Mike and not caring a bit.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I couldn't give a shiny shite what the players have to say after a game

If I was a star player on the Avalanche I'd spend every second of a press conference chatting shit to MMA Mike and not caring a bit.

MMA Mike is one thing, but in general, why be so hostile towards a minor inconvenience in a game that's made you a multi millionaire? That's just not a good look.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
MMA Mike is one thing, but in general, why be so hostile towards a minor inconvenience in a game that's made you a multi millionaire? That's just not a good look.

The question did seem to catch a nerve regarding the recognition Mikko has gotten as well. It stood out a bit from even how chippy MacK is normally.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

I don’t agree with this at all. I take it as “hey, don’t think you can be here for five minutes and pretend like Rantanen just became good.”

I think, if anything, MacKinnon was sticking up for his teammate that the new guy might be slighting through his own ignorance.

I didn’t see anything wrong with MacKinnon’s answer. This is nitpicking.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You guys are taking this way too seriously. It's more funny than anything else.

Nate's done this in a lot of pressers though for years, and he's talked about how he doesn't like them on Chiclets. He's not doing it to be funny. He genuinely hates answering questions.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

You dont even have to tell me Mackinnon listens to DMX. I just know he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad