GDT: COL v. SJS: *Gotta Beat Em' All* 9pm (ET) / 7pm (MT)

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
How the heck are you expecting us to answer your question without a picture of the cleavage...I mean girl?
Lol

I basically posted as a joke, watch tons of avs games (a fav team since Tatarinov) and i dont remember seeing her

But im bored and have a few mins so hold on

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Reactions: sethro109

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I see a lot of talk on Kadri and his next contract, and at this point it's probably best to just forget about it and enjoy the rest of the season.

The thing with Kadri is going to be buyers remorse. Some team will give him a big number but it's highly likely we'll never see a season close to this one ever again from him.

There is a reason he was a 50-60 points guy his whole career. He's had a lot of good fortune this year. 29 has missed a good chunk of time Kadri was the fill in, meaning time with 92 and 96. He's been PP1 with 29, 96, 92, and 8, you get time with those guys on the PP it helps.

Also it's just the dumb stuff like his pass to Rantanen last night on, extreme low percentage, no look, through a guys legs, perfectly on 96s stick for an easy goal. More often than not that play deflects off the defender for a harmless clear.

He's worked hard gotten some luck, and it's going to result in a big payday. Good for him, I'm happy for him. It just unfortunately isn't going to be with us.
I don’t think it’s fair to discredit Kadri’s play, he’s stepped up his game in a big way. Yes he’s getting more playing time but he’s contributing to the PP and earning those points. Kadri always had absurd talent, he always just had poor decision making and preferred to be a one-man show.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at by highlighting that passing play. You can point to just as many points by Mack/Rants/Landy saying how lucky and low-percentage plays that went in. I agree it’s not going to be us, but I feel pretty confident in saying he’ll be a 70+ pt player the next 2-3 years if he’s surrounded by decent talent.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
I don’t think it’s fair to discredit Kadri’s play, he’s stepped up his game in a big way. Yes he’s getting more playing time but he’s contributing to the PP and earning those points. Kadri always had absurd talent, he always just had poor decision making and preferred to be a one-man show.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at by highlighting that passing play. You can point to just as many points by Mack/Rants/Landy saying how lucky and low-percentage plays that went in. I agree it’s not going to be us, but I feel pretty confident in saying he’ll be a 70+ pt player the next 2-3 years if he’s surrounded by decent talent.
The two most important players in the team offensively this year have been Kadri and Mikko. They are both players, who have the talent to make players around them better, like they have done for Nuke, for example. Put Nuke in any other team and you 'll get the expected results. While being an awesome specimen to look at flying around the ice and creating havoc to the opposing team. He won't have the production he gets with this team, with any other team. Unfortunately, Most Russians go for the money - so he will be disposed.

Reactions: Iceberg

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I don't, unless he plays here. As soon as you take him away from our absurdly talented roster, he'll drop back more into his normal point production range.

As for that passing play I highlighted it because those are the type of plays he's been getting all season. Fortunate play, that very easily could have been a nothing play. Pucks are bouncing his way this year for sure.

I'm not discrediting Kadri at all he's had a hell of a season, and should get paid for it, I just don't expect it to be normal for him to produce like this moving forward.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The two most important players in the team offensively this year have been Kadri and Mikko. They are both players, who have the talent to make players around them better, like they have done for Nuke, for example. Put Nuke in any other team and you 'll get the expected results. While being an awesome specimen to look at flying around the ice and creating havoc to the opposing team. He won't have the production he gets with this team, with any other team. Unfortunately, Most Russians go for the money - so he will be disposed.
Kind hard to say 29, 92 and 8 aren't important. 8 is the best dman on the planet, 29 is like top 5 pts per game and 92 has been a monster this year.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't, unless he plays here. As soon as you take him away from our absurdly talented roster, he'll drop back more into his normal point production range.

As for that passing play I highlighted it because those are the type of plays he's been getting all season. Fortunate play, that very easily could have been a nothing play. Pucks are bouncing his way this year for sure.

I'm not discrediting Kadri at all he's had a hell of a season, and should get paid for it, I just don't expect it to be normal for him to produce like this moving forward.
You need to be good to be lucky. Rantanen + Mack get so many fortunate bounces and make low-percentage plays happen because they create so much, and it's similar to this years Kadri. I just don't get how you can watch Kadri this year and say that he's the same Kadri of previous years but is just getting lucky.

But obviously we disagree in this regard. Either way, I think we can both agree that we can appreciate him for the time being and he should be instrumental in this years cup run.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I see a lot of talk on Kadri and his next contract, and at this point it's probably best to just forget about it and enjoy the rest of the season.

The thing with Kadri is going to be buyers remorse. Some team will give him a big number but it's highly likely we'll never see a season close to this one ever again from him.

There is a reason he was a 50-60 points guy his whole career. He's had a lot of good fortune this year. 29 has missed a good chunk of time Kadri was the fill in, meaning time with 92 and 96. He's been PP1 with 29, 96, 92, and 8, you get time with those guys on the PP it helps.

Also it's just the dumb stuff like his pass to Rantanen last night on, extreme low percentage, no look, through a guys legs, perfectly on 96s stick for an easy goal. More often than not that play deflects off the defender for a harmless clear.

He's worked hard gotten some luck, and it's going to result in a big payday. Good for him, I'm happy for him. It just unfortunately isn't going to be with us.
Depends where he ends up. I dont think he repeats this season but in the right place at the right time he could still be a 70 point guy for a few more years somewhere. Depends on his health. I heard it mentioned that he came into this season in the best shape of his life. Maybe that coupled with the fortunate events you alluded to has something to do with his career year.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Kind hard to say 29, 92 and 8 aren't important. 8 is the best dman on the planet, 29 is like top 5 pts per game and 92 has been a monster this year.
It was not a knock on anybody - and it is an opinion. But - If 96, 91 were out and 29,92 in - this team would do worse. The reason for it I explained in previous message. Makar is the best defenceman in the world at the moment, obviously and is an important part of creating it, but he seems to flourish more, when MacK is not around :).

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Good adjustment by Bednar to switch up Lehkonen and Nichushkin, Nuke immediately started skating with purpose and began playing more aggressively. I think he's a tad uncomfortable playing with 29 and 96, but is right at home with Kadri. I think Lehks will be good as Landy-lite alongside the top line guys too.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It was not a knock on anybody - and it is an opinion. But - If 96, 91 were out and 29,92 in - this team would do worse. The reason for it I explained in previous message. Makar is the best defenceman in the world at the moment, obviously and is an important part of creating it, but he seems to flourish more, when MacK is not around :).

Yeah that's not true at all.

Landy and Mack are FAR more important to this team then Naz and Mikko. Not even close.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango

Herein lies the dilemma. There are going to be a certain number of teams which will not want Kadri because...well...Kadri. Those will not make an offer. There are a certain number of teams which have similar cap issues to the Avs, and will not make an offer. The teams with room and likely willing to take a chance on Kadri are mostly bottom feeders. Kadri will not find the support on those teams that he does here. He will always go up against the opponents top pair D. I see him regressing to the mean.

I actually have loved Kadri - suspensions and all - dating to his Toronto days. I would not be unhappy to see him get a big payday somewhere. I simply do not see that place being a home where he will do much more than 60 points per season.

In the fantasy world which exists inside my brain, I would love to see Kadri, Nuke, Toews and Mac get together and decide collectively to 'take one for the team' and keep them all for a run of cups not seen since the Islanders / Oilers era. The cap really prevents that from ever happening again. But is those 4 could somehow fit under the cap, the Avs would have a shot. Sadly, I fear the best case scenario is that we manage to give Mac what he deserves, and hopefully keep Nuke while Kadri leaves next year, and eventually Toews as well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Herein lies the dilemma. There are going to be a certain number of teams which will not want Kadri because...well...Kadri. Those will not make an offer. There are a certain number of teams which have similar cap issues to the Avs, and will not make an offer. The teams with room and likely willing to take a chance on Kadri are mostly bottom feeders. Kadri will not find the support on those teams that he does here. He will always go up against the opponents top pair D. I see him regressing to the mean.

I actually have loved Kadri - suspensions and all - dating to his Toronto days. I would not be unhappy to see him get a big payday somewhere. I simply do not see that place being a home where he will do much more than 60 points per season.

In the fantasy world which exists inside my brain, I would love to see Kadri, Nuke, Toews and Mac get together and decide collectively to 'take one for the team' and keep them all for a run of cups not seen since the Islanders / Oilers era. The cap really prevents that from ever happening again. But is those 4 could somehow fit under the cap, the Avs would have a shot. Sadly, I fear the best case scenario is that we manage to give Mac what he deserves, and hopefully keep Nuke while Kadri leaves next year, and eventually Toews as well.
Lmao can we win one cup before we even try to compare ourselves to the Oilers/Islanders….

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Yeah that's not true at all.

Landy and Mack are FAR more important to this team then Naz and Mikko. Not even close.
Well, Like I said. I was not knocking at anything, but compare Naz/Mikko contribution to the team this season in any metrics. Goals, points, +-. And after that tell me that Landy and Mac have been more important ;)

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Good adjustment by Bednar to switch up Lehkonen and Nichushkin, Nuke immediately started skating with purpose and began playing more aggressively. I think he's a tad uncomfortable playing with 29 and 96, but is right at home with Kadri. I think Lehks will be good as Landy-lite alongside the top line guys too.
This begs the question ( admittedly Moser / Pete touched on it last night) of Landy's location upon return. Somebody is going to have to migrate to the 3rd line. Is it Lehkonen? Nuke? Can an argument be made that Landy, Sturm and Newhook make up the third line and balance the attack better?

Lehkonon - Mac - Mikko
Nuke - Kadri - Burky
Landy - Sturm - Newhook
LOC - Cogliano - NAK - JTC - cast of thousands

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This begs the question ( admittedly Moser / Pete touched on it last night) of Landy's location upon return. Somebody is going to have to migrate to the 3rd line. Is it Lehkonen? Nuke? Can an argument be made that Landy, Sturm and Newhook make up the third line and balance the attack better?

Lehkonon - Mac - Mikko
Nuke - Kadri - Burky
Landy - Sturm - Newhook

I'm fairly confident it'll be Lehkonen who goes down to the third line. That's mainly what they got him for. To provide impact in a depth role. Nuke for better or worse is the best option to have on the 2LW, and I'd be pretty shocked, unless he's concerned about giving Landy too much work too soon, if he doesn't reunite the top line right away.

92 - 29 - 96
13 - 91 - 95
62 - 78 - 37
11 - 43 - 25

And hopefully...

7 - 8
49 - 42
4 - 6

35/39

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
I'm fairly confident it'll be Lehkonen who goes down to the third line. That's mainly what they got him for. To provide impact in a depth role. Nuke for better or worse is the best option to have on the 2LW, and I'd be pretty shocked, unless he's concerned about giving Landy too much work too soon, if he doesn't reunite the top line right away.

92 - 29 - 96
13 - 91 - 95
62 - 78 - 37
11 - 43 - 25

And hopefully...

7 - 8
49 - 42
4 - 6

35/39
Did you scratch Newhook?

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Lehkonon - Mac - Mikko
Nuke - Kadri - Burky
Landy - Sturm - Newhook

I think we gotta slow our role a bit here. Yes, Lehks played on the top line last night and Gabe was playing on the 2nd before his injury, but it just doesn't feel like the greatest sample size to me. How did that top line gel 5v5 last night? I didn't get to watch even half of the game last night so I can't really say, but the half a period I did see, it seemed the top line was a bit off (of course it was first game like that). I mean, they didn't get any points.

I guess it is a good thing to see all LWs be able to play up and down the lineup, I just have a hard time seeing anything other than the big 3 on top, Nuke with his line, and Lehks on the 3rd.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
When everyone is healthy Lehks should play on the 3rd line and PK1.

Which brings the question...why doesn't Bednar play the new guys on PK1? No Sturm, no Lehks, no Manson

He sure likes to put Makar and Toews there though!

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
When everyone is healthy Lehks should play on the 3rd line and PK1.

Which brings the question...why doesn't Bednar play the new guys on PK1? No Sturm, no Lehks, no Manson

He sure likes to put Makar and Toews there though!
Trust and maybe trying to get the new guys upto speed on systems. Adding a little at a time on their plate is my guess. I prefer he gets them into those roles now because thats why they were brought in.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad