Proposal: COL - TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Trade proposals for players of Matthews' caliber never go well. We all argue about what fair value is but fair value isn't what would get a deal done. To pry a player of that level away at that age you have to go so far beyond overpayment it cripples your franchise. I know some people like to call him overrated, but the guy is scoring goals at a rate of the all time greats so far in his career and he's just entering his prime. Leafs don't touch this offer to be honest as great as it is.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Not available.
Maybe you can get someone else's Franchise player.
Nice quantity offer with no D of note. At least address our needs and offer a top RHD if you want to be taken seriously.

That deal favors the leafs not the AVS. Avs will not touch that with an 11.634 foot pole.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Did you really just call Byram not "a D of note?"

Hilarious.
Give me a break. Of course he is a great prospect but how many NHL games has he played? He's not a guy that's helping you this year in the playoffs. Who knows how long before he'd help us. He sure as hell is not a #1 RHD now is he?

Oh right. HF where prospects are better than proven players.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
That deal favors the leafs not the AVS. Avs will not touch that with an 11.634 foot pole.

I know it is lost on some but some players simply are not available, imaginary overpays or not. Matthews is one of those players. See what Buffalo says to the same package for Eichel and I bet they say the same.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I know it is lost on some but some players simply are not available, imaginary overpays or not. Matthews is one of those players. See what Buffalo says to the same package for Eichel and I bet they say the same.

Agreed and Byram is one of those players

Reactions: DallasGaume
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad