Proposal: COL & OTT (Prospects+Picks Swaps)

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not comparing to Ehlers or Rackell - they have more value. I can see Josh Anderson + only due to intangibles of Josh that the Habs could use.

That said, i am low on Domi compared to most Habs fans. But not so low that I would accept quantity for quality.
I think that’s an honest assessment. Domi was traded in a change of scenery deal the Habs clearly won last time. But I could see another change of scenery trade in Domi’s near future. For a guy like Anderson (or another promising but enigmatic player like him that just hasn’t hit on all cylinders consistently for whatever reason).

That’s a better trade for Montreal than taking three dimes and a quarter in a quantity for Domi trade. It’s risky because an Anderson may bust or underwhelm like Drouin, but if MB can get 27 goals out of an Anderson type or 20 good minutes a night from a 2nd pairing guy like Hanafin... he’s upgraded.

I do wonder if Domi will move to a Canadian team or boring cold weather town like Columbus or Buffalo. That may limit his return too if the other GM sees Domi as a rental. His attitude or the perception of it and lack of roster flexibility (Sucks on the wings) does his value no favors.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
I might do it because I like the fact Sens have a great scouting department. Graves is an established NHL dman.

That being said losing Formenton stings, but hope their strength recoups the pick.

Reactions: RumpleSnipeSkin

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
All fair points. And I agree. Jost has the potential to become a good 3rd liner. Not what he want with a 10th overall pick but his defensive and possession chops make him a viable NHLer.

he’s no mega bust like Poolparty or Lias Anderson. But I also can’t pretend I’m not underwhelmed. Because I’m underwhelmed.

10OA has historically not produced players of the caliber you seem to believe we should expect, so you being underwhelmed says more about your expectations than it does about Jost. With a more realistic view of the draft, simply getting a viable NHLer from 10OA is pretty good. Rantanen is very much the exception, with the expectation being closer to Nichushkin.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
10OA has historically not produced players of the caliber you seem to believe we should expect, so you being underwhelmed says more about your expectations than it does about Jost. With a more realistic view of the draft, simply getting a viable NHLer from 10OA is pretty good. Rantanen is very much the exception, with the expectation being closer to Nichushkin.
Yep. Rantanen has by far he highest PPG of players drafted 10th overall in the last 25 years. Anisimov is 2nd with around 0.6ppg iirc.

Jost ranks 9th out of 25 10thOV picks with 0.354ppg. If he saw even a modest bump to 0.45ppg or around 35-40 points (up from 25-28 points) he'd be inside the top 5. Such an improvement wouldn't be thad far fetched given that he's only 22 still, particularly if he goes to a team who can give him some more regular ice-time in a scoring role and PP minutes.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Yep. Rantanen has by far he highest PPG of players drafted 10th overall in the last 25 years. Anisimov is 2nd with around 0.6ppg iirc.

Jost ranks 9th out of 25 10thOV picks with 0.354ppg. If he saw even a modest bump to 0.45ppg or around 35-40 points (up from 25-28 points) he'd be inside the top 5. Such an improvement wouldn't be thad far fetched given that he's only 22 still, particularly if he goes to a team who can give him some more regular ice-time in a scoring role and PP minutes.

Antropov, not Anisimov.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
And have a look at the guys drafted immediately after the Avalanche's #10 picks.:sarcasm:

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Hard no from me. Formenton is going to be a star.

Speed not far off McDavid and last year showed his offensive skills are not as lackluster as originally thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad