Confirmed Trade: [COL/MTL] Artturi Lehkonen for Justin Barron, 2024 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Amazing204

Oct 5, 2017
Colorado wins the trade they won the cup Montreal gets a good player sure but Colorado gets the Stanley Cup

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
My first hockey memory was when i was 10 in 1996. I'm from Quebec city and the Nordiques moved to Colorado that same year so obviously i was cheering for them, they were still my Nordiques. When they won i remember crying from joy and running everywhere in the house.
Last year when Lehkonen scored that goal in overtime to take the Habs to the Final, it was the first time in 25 years that i felt the same kind of overwhelming emotions.
Of course i was sad to see him traded a couple months ago but the fact that he went to the Avs .. just like Roy in 1995, i was kinda relieved... like IF we have to move him, this is the only place i'll feel good about.
There's something almost poetic in the fact that he scored the game winning goal tonight.
God i love hockey !

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Not to bump all the way back to the top but Lebrun in the athletic did a piece on this trade today. Basically it reads that Sakic was always offering Barron but the 2nd was the last second addition right before the deadline that pushed it over the top. It also mentions Hughes asked for someone else straight up and got a no from Sakic, my thought is maybe byram but not sure who else is in the prospect pool on the avalanche
Newhook probably

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Congrats COL and Lehk - happy he got the cup and happy with the trade from MTL perspective.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad