GDT: COL @ MN 7pm BSNe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Colorado Avalanche (56-18-7, 119 points) at Minnesota Wild (52-22-7, 111 points)
Puck drop: 7:08 p.m.
Watch: Bally Sports North EXTRA
Listen: FM 100.3 KFAN; Wild Radio Network; Wild NHL App

Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury will earn the start in his final tuneup before the postseason. Fleury had started the previous three games before Thursday, but Cam Talbot drew in and was spectacular, making 31 saves in a winning effort.

Colorado has nothing to play for but pride, having already wrapped up the Central Division crown and the No. 1 overall seed in the Western Conference.

All of Colorado's healthy star players, as well as No. 1 goaltender Darcy Kuemper played in the game against Nashville.

Assuming Kuemper will not be playing, Pavel Francouz would get the start in goal. Francouz is 15-4-1 in 20 games (17 starts) this season, with a 2.52 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage.
Wild Warmup: Minnesota vs. Colorado

76508288.jpg

Lets Go Wild

Last edited:

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Will Colorado be resting their top guns? They played yesterday and it's a meaningless road game for them.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Will Colorado be resting their top guns? They played yesterday and it's a meaningless road game for them.
Yes, their coach said they were resting a handful of guys. At least Makar confirmed out. They also made a few call ups from the AHL.

Let’s just hope for a clean and injury free game with a big two points for the good guys to clinch home ice and build on our record points this season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yes, their coach said they were resting a handful of guys. At least Makar confirmed out. They also made a few call ups from the AHL.

Let’s just hope for a clean and injury free game with a big two points for the good guys to clinch home ice and build on our record points this season.

Yep. I'm guessing both teams play a lower impact game than normal. Just get the game over with and no injuries.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Yes. Skate around. Look for the cute hilite pass. Dont get hurt.

I’m probably all wet ,but the Wild chances to win the first round rely on home ice. I’d love to believe it doesn’t matter but the Wilds play and confidence level seems to really jump up at the X. Although the wild have been a great road team this year, many of the wins were against the Eastern conference.
If they start in Minnesota it will be a long and hard fought series. If they start in St Louis………

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
IMO, if MN needs to have home ice to win a series with STL then they don't deserve to win. It's their time this year, assuming everyone is healthy. They have far more resilience, toughness, and offense than any other Wild team ever, and their D is reasonably good, now that they have Middleton.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Finishing higher than the Flames would guarantee us home ice in the WCF too though.

I'm thinking NSH comes out of the Pacific as WC1. CGY is mostly a 1 line team and Saros the Markstrom is a draw in net. Josi is the difference maker in the series.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm thinking NSH comes out of the Pacific as WC1. CGY is mostly a 1 line team and Saros the Markstrom is a draw in net. Josi is the difference maker in the series.

Saros is injured for 4-6 weeks. High ankle sprain sustained against Calgary the other day.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'd like to think this team is different, but seeing as they plopped down a corn laden turd against Arizona, it's entirely possible they shit the bed with the Avs sprinkling in their minor leaguers. I mean, I hope not, but Wilder shit has happened. (See? See how I preempted the 'Not weird. Wild.' thing?)

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So Jost will get a chance on the top line tonight. Will be interesting to see if he's better than Bjugstad.

As for Zucc, he should be ready for the playoffs, coach says he's optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad