• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Such a weird player. He seems to always be playing hard and has in general looked quite good. Then screw it up with some dumb penalty. :laugh: If he can cut the penalties down like 20% he's going to be a player Bednar really really likes.

He’s a good player with some jam and skill yet there are times I just wonder about him. For example in the Anaheim game last night he badly mishandled a loose puck in the defensive zone because he jammed his stick into the boards instead of just keeping it on the ice and scooping it up.

That said he appears to have cleaned up the dumb penalty stuff for the most part, but tonight was pretty awful. At least he made up for it the best way possible.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
He’s a good player with some jam and skill yet there are times I just wonder about him. For example in the Anaheim game last night he badly mishandled a loose puck in the defensive zone because he jammed his stick into the boards instead of just keeping it on the ice and scooping it up.

That said he appears to have cleaned up the dumb penalty stuff for the most part, but tonight was pretty awful. At least he made up for it the best way possible.
He seems super inconsistent. He has had a few games where he played great but many where he was invisible.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He seems super inconsistent. He has had a few games where he played great but many where he was invisible.

For the most part he’s been a phenomenal add, especially since he was a waiver claim off a terrible team. Really, he’s a fourth liner when all is said and done, so anything he does above that particular level is gravy. Definitely should not be a top six guy though.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I really thought this is the "game" and LA will end the "streak".... Well, allthough we didn´t play our best, we still win those games. Nice, really nice.... Seems the boys have learned a lot.

Just keep rolling an collecting points and try to separate from the rest as much as possible. Schedule´s gonna get hard after the all-star-break....

Oh, and btw: I was the one who voted for "Death Proof"..... :naughty:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Maybe we should add a 3rd goalie after all. Seeing the other goalie doing well kinda put the pressure into the other one doing so. :sarcasm:

Great game by EJ and Landy defensively. Not the night I wanted to see for the top line but we can't always expect 4 pts nights. Also Kuemper was outstanding tonight. I didn't like the PP goal because I thought he was moving too much in his crease when rebound control isn't his strong suit but was amazing outside of that.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
You understand this team isn't going to dominate every single team, right?

Even teams like Tampa Bay, Florida and Carolina have had their fair share of nights this season on the wrong side of the possession metrics and shot totals. Hell, Los Angeles just did the exact thing to Tampa Bay a couple of nights ago that they did to us tonight.

Guess who lost both times?
some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn-batman.gif

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-21_10-8-4.png
    upload_2022-1-21_10-8-4.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 6

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I don't know who this person is but that a really odd take. Kings probably win that game 9 times out of 10. They flat out dominated us. They were just unlucky that Darcy played his best game as an Avalanche last night.

He is probably right in the sense of, in a 7 game series they aren't ready to play with the best teams but that doesn't mean they can't compete with top end teams on a night to night basis.

At the end of the day we are year 5 to 6 of a rebuild and have now established ourselves as one of the best in the league took 5 years to get to that point. It's going to take time for LA. I mean they are 1 year removed from being one of the worst teams in the league, and the #2 pick and another top 8 pick last season. Based on what I saw last night LA is trending the right way.

Reactions: AvsGuy

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Is this the most impressive 10-0-1 streak because we've been playing like shit or the the most impressive streak because we've been playing like shit.
I think it's impressive that they've now turned into the team that can overcome bad play and still win. Years past if everything didn't go perfect we crumbled and lost. So that's a nice turn of events and should help come playoff time.

I do think they need to clean up their play a little bit, still prone to bad giveaways, and they need to give better overall 60 mins efforts on a night to night basis. Wins are nice and can do a good job at hiding some issues. This team still struggles with consistent 60 mins efforts. One night they look great and others super disinterested.

Another thing that is starting to creep up is playing to your competitions level. A really tough thing for good teams is dropping your level of play to your opponents level. This really ties back to consistent efforts. But it's not surprising that our worst games over this stretch were Seattle at home, Arizona at home and the last two to Anaheim and LA. Seattle and Arizona are awful, Anaheim and LA are middle of the pack. Not saying we can't lose to them but those games were all played very loose with lower end effort. Slightly better efforts in those games and you probably aren't playing tight nail biters.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
We were tired, played poorly and won. That’s just what good/great teams do.

Kemp was a beast last night and played like the guy we gave up a 1st for. If this is how he plays in April to June I think this team is unstoppable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad