PTO: [COL] F Saku Maenalanen signs PTO with the Avalanche (failed physical; released)

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
With Tatar signature, Colorado got a lot of wigner + Kovalenko who will coming in March.
Colorado have on nhl contract Rantanen Nichushkin Lehkonen Drouin Kovalenko Tatar Cogliano O'connor Wood Olofsson. 10 guys for eight spot Does him and Kirivanta can take a 2 way contract ?

Reactions: hn777

jurbs112

Aug 20, 2022
With Tatar signature, Colorado got a lot of wigner + Kovalenko who will coming in March.
Colorado have on nhl contract Rantanen Nichushkin Lehkonen Drouin Kovalenko Tatar Cogliano O'connor Wood Olofsson. 10 guys for eight spot Does him and Kirivanta can take a 2 way contract ?
What do you think the next happen now?

• Wow
Reactions: Nizzle

TheFamousFart

Dec 25, 2020
im excited to see how it works out for him there, he has alot of grit and is a great part of a 4th line that can occasionally score goals trough hard work, i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a one year deal.

Reactions: TheGroceryStick

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Brandon Kozun was given a PTO as a replacement. I remember having such high hopes for him.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That's too bad. Probably means it's back to Europe for the year for him? Tough to find a contract for a fringe guy like that later in the season if he gets healthy...without that preseason audition and chance to get integrated to the PK and systems early.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That's too bad. Probably means it's back to Europe for the year for him? Tough to find a contract for a fringe guy like that later in the season if he gets healthy...without that preseason audition and chance to get integrated to the PK and systems early.
For 3 years:

I just wonder what kind of injury we are talking about here. Nothing was mentioned in that news of him signing for Langnau either.

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
For 3 years:

I just wonder what kind of injury we are talking about here. Nothing was mentioned in that news of him signing for Langnau either.

Ahhh. I guess that's pretty much it for his NHL ambitions then. Oh well. He got some games in. That's more than most can claim.

Definitely curious what the injury is. Something that skirted by initially, but didn't pass the physical...and doesn't seem to be much of a concern to his Euro team?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Definitely curious what the injury is. Something that skirted by initially, but didn't pass the physical...and doesn't seem to be much of a concern to his Euro team?
Maybe it's something that might prevent him from fully participating for say 2 weeks? For a PTO, that's a death knell already.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Maybe it's something that might prevent him from fully participating for say 2 weeks? For a PTO, that's a death knell already.

Could be. Still not really sure what that would be. Presumably some sort of recent training injury from the offseason?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Every time I see this thread updated with a new post, I wonder why the hell anyone is talking about this guy still. Only then do I step back and realize that I myself have updated the thread and am therefore still talking about this guy.

• Haha
Reactions: LaMasquerade

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

Seems very weird. He is fully healthy and playing in Switzerland, yet NHL didn't allow him to play since the recovery time from the upper body surgery is at least 5 months. He was healthy in 4.

Is there anything in the cba about injuries?

Just to clarify, the article says that the minimum recovery time for that operation is stated (in the CBA?) to be 5 months, even if the player was healthy. So basically Mäenalanen said and felt he was healthy to play, and he failed his physical only because of bureaucracy.

But that's just his version, and it doesn't explicitly state the reason for the failed physical. It doesn't say anything if the doctors thought he was ok or not, or where they just following the rules.

Every time I see this thread updated with a new post, I wonder why the hell anyone is talking about this guy still. Only then do I step back and realize that I myself have updated the thread and am therefore still talking about this guy.

Well at least now it seems to be an interesting case because of CBA or something, well worth the discussion anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad