PTO: [COL] F Saku Maenalanen signs PTO with the Avalanche (failed physical; released)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
makes sense. the avs had a lot of trouble finding depth scoring last season.

While certainly true, I dont think going after guys like Maenalanen(4 Goals, 10 points), Kiviranta(8 Goals, 9 points), and Holland who hasn't played in years, is going to do much to improve that scoring depth.

Especially when there's a 20+ Goal winger still sitting on the market in Tatar...

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
makes sense. the avs had a lot of trouble finding depth scoring last season.

This ain’t it.

IMG-2452.jpg

Kiviranta should make this bottom six no problem. Maenalanen is just as likely to end up back in Liiga IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
While certainly true, I dont think going after guys like Maenalanen(4 Goals, 10 points), Kiviranta(8 Goals, 9 points), and Holland who hasn't played in years, is going to do much to improve that scoring depth.

Especially when there's a 20+ Goal winger still sitting on the market in Tatar...

This ain’t it.

IMG-2452.jpg

Kiviranta should make this bottom six no problem. Maenalanen is just as likely to end up back in Liiga IMO.
ranta, maltsev, burke, blidh, hudon, foudy, sedlak, bowers, olausson, glachenyuk, helm, megna, and hunt all combined for a total of 111 games played with the avs, with a total of 1g, 0a, 1p. not 1 goal each. only 1 goal/point for that entire list.

you can even add kaut and meyers to that list and you have 15 forwards that played 174 games with the avs and scored 8 points total. maenalanen scored more than those 15 players combined lol.

Last edited:

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He's a plug. Everyone needs one. But he might as well play without a stick.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
ranta, maltsev, burke, blidh, hudon, foudy, sedlak, bowers, olausson, glachenyuk, helm, megna, and hunt all combined for a total of 111 games played with the avs, with a total of 1g, 0a, 1p. not 1 goal each. only 1 goal/point for that entire list.

you can even add kaut and meyers to that list and you have 15 forwards that played 174 games with the avs and scored 8 points total. maenalanen scored more than those 15 players combined lol.
Being a more serviceable 13/14 forward plug than Maltsev and Blidh is one thing. “Adding depth scoring” is something else.

At the NHL level this guy is a big body and nothing else. He’s certainly not adding depth scoring. He’s completely useless offensively and with the puck. A lot of the guys you mentioned could’ve scored 4 goals if they got 64 games of NHL action.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Being a more serviceable 13/14 forward plug than Maltsev and Blidh is one thing. “Adding depth scoring” is something else.

At the NHL level this guy is a big body and nothing else. He’s certainly not adding depth scoring. He’s completely useless offensively and with the puck. A lot of the guys you mentioned could’ve scored 4 goals if they got 64 games of NHL action.
thats what depth scoring is. your depth forwards.

only 2 of the 15 guys i mentioned came close to matching maenalanen none were on pace to it. avs needed depth scoring bad last season so im not surprised they are taking a flyer on a few lower end guys.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I liked him with the Canes, I think he could stick as a rock solid 4th liner. Interesting he came back to NA, never expected him to

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Decent player to have for your PK and good at cycling along the boards, but doesn’t bring much else to the table. A basic no offense 4th line grinder.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I thought he was kinda fun as part of that Jets line with Stenlund and Gustafsson. Just three giants lumbering around the ice doing big things. Without any apparent clue as to where the opposing net was.

But probably the weakest link of an complete offensive black hole line. Which isn't great.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Problem is they werent really good enough to get 64 games since they dont break any defensive play to the table either.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Weird player. Hurts the team at even strength and doesn't do anything offensively, but when he steps out on the penalty kill he creates chances left and right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad