PTO: [COL] F Brandon Kozun signs PTO with the Avalanche (released)

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Former LA pick but only played for their AHL affiliate. Played 20 games for Toronto (plus 23 for the Marlies) in 2014-2015.

Spent 8 years in the KHL afterwards.
Thanks knew he sounded faimilar. Confused him wurh byron froese who also played for us

Cant tell you thing about Kozun's play style now. 2015 was way to long ago and a terrible year for the leafs

hypereconomist

Mar 10, 2019
Between him and Justin Azevedo, the Kings were doing their very best to corner the market on mildly-skilled midgets.

Man, I’m old.

"mildly skilled" is a terrible take. Both players had more than enough hockey sense, tenacity, and raw skill to make the NHL.

Azevedo would have been an NHL regular if was a faster and better skater.

Kozun would have been an NHL regular if he was physically stronger on/off the puck.

Kozun was so good for the Hitmen. I was convinced that he was going to carve out a niche as a third-liner, but he was just too small though

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kid had all the moxie in the world

He was definitely part of that Kings 'small lottery ticket' era where they were trying to find a brayden point in Kozun, Azevedo, Brian O'Neill, Weal, Aiden Dudas, and others

I seem to remember one of the scouts talking about loving the chip on his shoulder to an extent but that it can go too far and start eating you up

Wishing the best for him!

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Kid had all the moxie in the world

He was definitely part of that Kings 'small lottery ticket' era where they were trying to find a brayden point in Kozun, Azevedo, Brian O'Neill, Weal, Aiden Dudas, and others

I seem to remember one of the scouts talking about loving the chip on his shoulder to an extent but that it can go too far and start eating you up

Wishing the best for him!
Oscar Moller too!

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
surprised he never really got another shot after his brief leafs stint. thought he could be a bottom six energy guy.

Reactions: banks

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
He's just one of those guys that I will always give a 2nd chance to in my mind.

Firmly believe he would have stuck in the NHL if not for buggering up his ankle. He could reeeeally skate.

Reactions: uncleben

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
The difference between what I thought Kozun would be and what he actually did in the NHL is huge. I really believed in this guy his rookie (only) season. He looked legit.

No clue how he'll look now. A peruse of his hockey db page shows slow decline in the KHL.

Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad