Confirmed with Link: [COL/CBJ] Ryan Stanton for Cody Goloubef

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
You'll like Golo if he gets a chance with you guys. He's not flashy, he's not great at anything, but he's just solid all around. You'll hardly notice him. But that's not a bad thing.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Played in 43 games last year, so he counts though if they sign him.

I think it's 40 games in the year previous to the expansion draft (meaning this year), or 70 games over the previous two years...so he needs 27 games this year to fill the requirement, by my count.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I am hoping more for a Ryan Wilson defender than a Nick Holden. Oh my.

Only difference between those two was that Holden was able to stay healthy enough for this board to sour on him. While Wilson still got the "if only he could stay healthy and perform in every match the way he does in that one match a month in which he actually looks good" treatment.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You'll like Golo if he gets a chance with you guys. He's not flashy, he's not great at anything, but he's just solid all around. You'll hardly notice him. But that's not a bad thing.

Oh god. He does sounds exactly like Holden.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think it's 40 games in the year previous to the expansion draft (meaning this year), or 70 games over the previous two years...so he needs 27 games this year to fill the requirement, by my count.

You're probably right on that one, guess we'll have to see if they bring him up soon.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You guys realize that having Holden on the ice instead of Tyutin/Gelinas would make our D better, right?

Not sure I'd agree with you on Tyutin, hes definitely slow, but hes way smarter than Holden. Hell hes looked better than FB lately, but I think that says more about FB.

Absolutely on Gelinas though, but that's not different than comparing Redmond and Holden.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
You guys realize that having Holden on the ice instead of Tyutin/Gelinas would make our D better, right?

That really depends on which version of Holden we are talking about. When he was playing his best hockey, then yes, I would agree with you, but not when he was not, which was most of the time. On average he was worse than Tuytin but better than Gelinas, which says a lot about the latter.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Not really. It'd sound like Holden if he said "makes bone-headed errors daily"

Holden made a lot less of those when he had limited minutes.

Depends. If this is Holden playing 3rd pairing minutes, i'd agree.

If it's Holden playing on the 1st/2nd pairing minutes, than at the very worst it's a wash.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not sure I'd agree with you on Tyutin, hes definitely slow, but hes way smarter than Holden. Hell hes looked better than FB lately, but I think that says more about FB.

Absolutely on Gelinas though, but that's not different than comparing Redmond and Holden.

Agreed. Tyutin had a target on his back with this fan base from the moment he was signed. It doesn't matter what he does some people are gonna hate on him regardless.

The guy has honestly been much better then expected. He's playing top pairing minutes and doing decent in that role. Obviously it would be preferred for him to play easier minutes as his speed is a noticeable issue, but he's generally very smart on the ice and doesn't make any glaring mistakes often(Outside of occasionally losing his man because of speed).

I like him over at least 2 of our D this season, and maybe even 3 of them.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Agreed. Tyutin had a target on his back with this fan base from the moment he was signed. It doesn't matter what he does some people are gonna hate on him regardless.

The guy has honestly been much better then expected. He's playing top pairing minutes and doing decent in that role. Obviously it would be preferred for him to play easier minutes as his speed is a noticeable issue, but he's generally very smart on the ice and doesn't make any glaring mistakes often(Outside of occasionally losing his man because of speed).

I like him over at least 2 of our D this season, and maybe even 3 of them.

That's the most difficult part, most people were fine with him being signed to play on the bottom pairing next to Zadorov to start the season lol. Now he is next to EJ, and has played better than Barrie or FB. Yikes...

He is supposed to be an example that Sakic isn't giving these types of guys term, and looking for bargains.

I find it really weird sometimes how quickly context is forgotten when looking back and judging certain decision that management makes.

Tyutin & Borq are two great examples of how you are actually supposed to use free-agency IMO.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That really depends on which version of Holden we are talking about. When he was playing his best hockey, then yes, I would agree with you, but not when he was not, which was most of the time. On average he was worse than Tuytin but better than Gelinas, which says a lot about the latter.

I think this is pretty spot-on.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That's the most difficult part, most people were fine with him being signed to play on the bottom pairing next to Zadorov to start the season lol. Now he is next to EJ, and has played better than Barrie or FB. Yikes...

He is supposed to be an example that Sakic isn't giving these types of guys term, and looking for bargains.

I find it really weird sometimes how quickly context is forgotten when looking back and judging certain decision that management makes.

Tyutin & Borq are two great examples of how you are actually supposed to use free-agency IMO.

Yea

Tyutin has been better then Gelinas(LOL), Beauch, and even Barrie. I would say he's looked about as good as Weircioch as well given the roles they've both played. He's also been more consistent then Zadorov.

Now that I think about it, I could actually see the argument for him being our 2nd best Dman throughout the year to this point. That's probably a good indicator of why we are where we are in the standings right now :laugh:

I like Tyutin though, plays a really simple game but he's effective at it. No doubt he playing a level above where he probably should be right now, but he's handling it decently well.

If the Avs are out of the playoffs come February and Sakic does sell, I think Tyutin could be a guy we get a nice 3rd round pick for from a team looking for some Defensive depth. LA, Montreal, Chicago, and Washington all come to mind as fits. Same thing with Bourque if he's got 10-15 goals by the deadline. Avs have a few nice pieces to look at selling this year if that's why they end up doing. I still think we'll be in the thick of the playoff race though and the only piece we sell is Iginla.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If we're out of it, I hope this is finally the year where we sell off expiring guys at the deadline. We seem to never do that for whatever reason.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yea

Tyutin has been better then Gelinas(LOL), Beauch, and even Barrie. I would say he's looked about as good as Weircioch as well given the roles they've both played. He's also been more consistent then Zadorov.

Now that I think about it, I could actually see the argument for him being our 2nd best Dman throughout the year to this point. That's probably a good indicator of why we are where we are in the standings right now :laugh:

I like Tyutin though, plays a really simple game but he's effective at it. No doubt he playing a level above where he probably should be right now, but he's handling it decently well.

If the Avs are out of the playoffs come February and Sakic does sell, I think Tyutin could be a guy we get a nice 3rd round pick for from a team looking for some Defensive depth. LA, Montreal, Chicago, and Washington all come to mind as fits. Same thing with Bourque if he's got 10-15 goals by the deadline. Avs have a few nice pieces to look at selling this year if that's why they end up doing. I still think we'll be in the thick of the playoff race though and the only piece we sell is Iginla.

Yeah I have my doubts they'll sell at the TDL. Borq could actually get quite a bit since his salary is so cheap.

JML, and Stempniak got this...

For Stempniak, the Bruins gave up second (2017) and fourth (2016) round picks, while they sent Anthony Carmana, as well third (2016) and fifth (2017) round picks to Carolina for Liles.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/bruins-trade-for-lee-stempniak-john-michael-liles/

Polak got two 2nd round picks I think as well lol.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah I have my doubts they'll sell at the TDL. Borq could actually get quite a bit since his salary is so cheap.

JML, and Stempniak got this...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/bruins-trade-for-lee-stempniak-john-michael-liles/

Yep, Bourque is off to a pretty underrated start. And it's not like he's just been getting lucky either. He has actually looked like a real player this year, putting in effort and going to the dirty areas.

If he keeps it up he could fetch us a 2nd rounder at this years deadline for sure IMO. And Tyutin plays that safe steady stile that Playoff teams are desperate for on the bottom pairing. His Corsi numbers are decent as well I believe. Could definitely get something similar to what Liles got, not as much but similar.

If the Avs are out of it at the deadline I really think Sakic will sell. I think the last couple of years its been Roy pushing for this team to keep giving the playoffs a run and Sakic has agreed but now that he's gone I dont think Joe will have a hard time with selling players if we really are out of it.

Unfortunately(Or fortunately depending on how you look at it), I think we'll still be in the thick of the race and wont be a seller or a buyer. Other then Iggy. I'd put it at like 90% that he's traded this year.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I still question what out of it is. I mean we are out of it now. What's really the mark of zero hope? Roy may have been pushing it but I think it means a lot to Sakic to make the playoffs too. I hope McFarland convinces him assets are nice too. I'll be absolutely shocked if they move Iggy. I'll be happy to be wrong.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think we're out of it at all right now. We're 5 points back sure. But we have 3 games in hand. You win 2/3 of those games in hand and we're just 1 point back. Our next game is also against one of the teams we're chasing for a playoff spot really.

That said, I agree with the rest of your post except the Iggy part. It comes down to a judgement call for Joe and McFarland. In my opinion, If we're anymore then ~7 points out, without having at least 2-3 games in hand on the teams we're chasing we are out of it. If we're within 5 points we're still in the thick of it. That's how I see it come deadline time. 20 Games is enough time to gain 5 points, especially if we have a couple games specifically against the teams we're chasing. But 7 points is a lot harder to make up.

As for Iggy. I think it comes down to Iggy simply going to Sakic and telling him he wants to chase a cup. He's talked about it a bit already and although he hasn't specifically said that's what he wants to do, I think he has hinted at it a couple times. I think unless the Avs season does a 180 and we're comfortably in a playoff spot, he'll want to go somewhere he knows he's playing hockey in May and likely with a legitimate shot at going to the finals. Even if Iggy doesn't go to Sakic, I think Sakic recognizes the significance of it and eventually goes to Iggy himself and has that conversation.

My money is on an Iggy trade to Washington. Just a gut feeling, but they already have a pretty deep team, and Iggy could be a cheap buy for them(Probably only costs a 4th or 5th rounder if that) and in a 3rd line role with some decent players could add some good scoring depth to a team that's already very deep.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It sure seems like this is Iggy's last season in the NHL. I will actually be surprised if he stays to finish it out. I really think he wants one last shot at a Cup before he hangs 'em up for good. And he ain't getting it in Colorado.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
It sure seems like this is Iggy's last season in the NHL. I will actually be surprised if he stays to finish it out. I really think he wants one last shot at a Cup before he hangs 'em up for good. And he ain't getting it in Colorado.

He'll be gone at the deadline, book it.

As for the trade, makes sense as we needed some RHD for the farm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad