Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Avalanche re-sign Mikko Rantanen (6 years, $9.25M AAV)

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
This also effects the long term value of the Kadri-Barrie trade. What are the odds that Toronto can re-sign Barrie now? Barrie isn't primed to take a discount, and the Leafs have already set the bars of their salary structure. Is he more than a one year rental to the Leafs? And Kadri's high cap value contract will be a benefit to the Avs when it's time to give Landeskog, Makar, etc. new contracts.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I’m not even sure it’s possible if the Leafs can re-sign Barrie? Rielly is due for a huge raise and he’s better than Barrie. Barrie’s getting at least $8M.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Jesus tapdancing christ, that's a lot of money for a guy being carried by MacKinnon...
he's literally carried by MacKinnon. them bro feels

did lord Jesus actually tapdance?

is there, actually, anything more ridiculous in US history than the practise of tapdancing?

u can see where this goes easily, so don't you go there, bro

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
This also effects the long term value of the Kadri-Barrie trade. What are the odds that Toronto can re-sign Barrie now? Barrie isn't primed to take a discount, and the Leafs have already set the bars of their salary structure. Is he more than a one year rental to the Leafs? And Kadri's high cap value contract will be a benefit to the Avs when it's time to give Landeskog, Makar, etc. new contracts.

We've gone "0" days without derailing a thread to talk about Leaf contracts.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Apparently (I didn’t hear, just saw the tweet) they were saying on the radio yesterday that Rantanen was more concerned with staying within the salary structure than maximizing his contract. Based on the result, it seems right. He definitely did well for himself, but I don’t think an extra $.5m AAV would’ve been out of line.

Reactions: Burnaby Joe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad