Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Avalanche re-sign D Josh Manson (4 years, $4.5M AAV)

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Depending on the money, this a great keep. Dude seemed to fit like a glove with his physical presence to compliment their youngish D-corps.

Does this now make Sam Girard trade bait? I know Avs fans are probably sick of that question, but he could get a great haul IMO.

Reactions: Perratrooper

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Depending on the money, this a great keep. Dude seemed to fit like a glove with his physical presence to compliment their youngish D-corps.

Does this now make Sam Girard trade bait? I know Avs fans are probably sick of that question, but he could get a great haul IMO.

Depends on the term on this contract, EJs plans and how else UFA shakes out. Also on how much faith the Avs have in their internal options for #2 C (which I personally differ on a lot with most other Avs fans).

Also certainly would depend on the return. If he can bring back a quality youngish C with term, he certainly would be available. As a cap dump? Certainly not.

Only move I could maybe think of is for Sam Bennett to replace Weegar if he really is on his way to Ottawa.

For now the Avs have a great top 6 D under contact which was their recipe to win a cup last season. Injuries happen all the time (Byram is also still a bit of a ? due to his concussions) so there certainly is a good argument for keeping them all and running it back if it is doable capwise.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Thought he looked good for you guys, I know there are many many teams out there that would love him on their backend

Good for you guys - that's a solid deal. He would look good on the Pens at that contract

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dang, nice signing for the avs. Manson is a very solid player.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Sakic overpaying 500k-1mil on every deal now.
If he can keep the core I dont think Avs care that much though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad