Claimed off Waivers: [COL] Avalanche claim G Ivan Prosvetov off waivers from the Coyotes

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Both fair points.

But, imo if you're in a championship window ie win-now, I'd still go with the veteran who's shown he can win games on a good team (which the Avs will almost certainly be this year). Pros hasn't shown that yet, maybe he'll get there, maybe he won't. We can agree to disagree
I trust Avs proscouts. We went into a cup defending year with Georgiev as a starter who wasnt exactly a proven vet and didnt have good numbers. Talent was there though obviously.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Both fair points.

But, imo if you're in a championship window ie win-now, I'd still go with the veteran who's shown he can win games on a good team (which the Avs will almost certainly be this year). Pros hasn't shown that yet, maybe he'll get there, maybe he won't. We can agree to disagree

Ideally, I agree with you that a good veteran would be preferable to an unproven youngster. Where we seem to disagree is really only about whether Jones is that guy.

To me, there's nothing about his numbers, other than W-L, that suggests he's not one of the worst goalies in the NHL. His GSAA was the 5th worst last year (out of 75 goalies), his SV% was 11th worst (5 games played minimum), and he gave up 3 goals per game on the team that allowed the 2nd fewest shots in the league. Why not roll the dice instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad