Confirmed with Link: COL acquire G Michael Hutchinson from TOR for D Calle Rosen

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Hutchinson sucks.

So does Rosen.

This trade makes sense to me. The Avs were never going to get one of the big name goalies; it just didn't work with the roster construction. This is the depth goalie we knew Joe wanted. He likely won't play unless more than 1 or 2 games unless Frankie gets hurt too or Grubi is out long term. It's just insurance.

Reactions: thefors

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If Hutchinson has to play a second of any meaningful game, we are totally f***ed.

Rosen sucked, I don’t even care about that one.

Reactions: RockyMtnRedhawk

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not a fan. Not that I thought Rosen would be anything, but Hutchinson is terrible. That's Rosen and Meloche now coughed up for two crappy goaltenders. Not a big fan of that. All in all, not a very impactful move either way, though.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
What the hell happened to Rosen? He looked great in the pre-season.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
If our pro scouts have one Achilles heel, it is their ability to identify capable 3rd string goalies. He's no better or worse than Beebo or Miska.

Well, maybe worse. We will see.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
giphy.gif

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Had hopes for someone better but in all fairness the dude may never play a game here.

Also he’s been behind the leafs d maybe he looks passable with a real team in front of him

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If Hutchinson has to play a second of any meaningful game, we are totally f*cked.

Rosen sucked, I don’t even care about that one.
Miska is worse. I don't love Hutch by any means, but given the alternative this is better than what we had.

Reactions: klozge

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Whatever. When Grubauer comes back, Hutchinson will be in the AHL, he sucks but still probably better option than Miska if they have to play him couple of games

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Meh trade. Sometimes a new goalie coach can salvage a goalie's career. Hope this is the case here. Hopefully Pakkila (sp?) can change a couple of things to make this guy serviceable enough until Gru comes back.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
If Hutchinson ends up having to play (worst case scenario) they are not forced to give him an extended run... it's a depth move. It gives them options. Miska or Werner are still options. Now they have one more option.

But if it's necessary to have a really strong take for everything, feel free to be angry.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Hutch is awful.

But it could be encouraging news for Grubi. If he was out long term they would’ve gotten someone better than Hutch.

With that being the case I think Joe got someone he knew he could send down to the minors and not have to worry about them being claimed on waivers.

Reactions: noice

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Had hopes for someone better but in all fairness the dude may never play a game here.

Also he’s been behind the leafs d maybe he looks passable with a real team in front of him

This is key IMO.

Even Andersen has had a pretty brutal year by his standards this season. Take out Hutch's seasons this year and his numbers are roughly at .910 over a 110 game sample size for his career.

I dont think he's good by any means but I think he'll be fine as a 3rd stringer who likely never plays a game for the Avs. Maybe he gets one game against LA or Detroit or someone like that just to give Frankie a break over the next few weeks.

Reactions: klozge and McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad