Waived: Cody McLeod

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Olli Jokinen effect?
No, but FU for bringing it up.

Jokinen left angry and feeling like Poile had deceived him. He went to a division rival as well.

I'm guessing that Poile has been quietly trying to find a landing spot for Cody and I wouldnt be surprised if the reason he got waived now even though FF9 isn't ready is because someone indicated they would take him on waivers.

Reactions: myFialabot

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
This may or may not be the reason, but if Poile wants to do McLeod a solid for his service, releasing him before the All Star Break potentially gives him a few days to get settled before he starts with his new team.

When is the last time McLeod played? He might have even asked to be sent down, just so he could play.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
No, but FU for bringing it up.

Jokinen left angry and feeling like Poile had deceived him. He went to a division rival as well.

I'm guessing that Poile has been quietly trying to find a landing spot for Cody and I wouldnt be surprised if the reason he got waived now even though FF9 isn't ready is because someone indicated they would take him on waivers.

We traded him to Toronto in a year where they were terrible. Anyone in that situation would be angry. Going from a team leading the league to one of the worst.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We traded him to Toronto in a year where they were terrible. Anyone in that situation would be angry. Going from a team leading the league to one of the worst.

I was thinking we traded him to the Blues? Or did he sign with them the following offseason?

In any case I remember him being mad because we used him at wing and he wanted to play center or else he was scratched a lot...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I was thinking we traded him to the Blues? Or did he sign with them the following offseason?

In any case I remember him being mad because we used him at wing and he wanted to play center or else he was scratched a lot...

Toronto flipped him to the Blues at the deadline. We got Franson and Santorelli for him, Leipsic and a 1st.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Toronto flipped him to the Blues at the deadline. We got Franson and Santorelli for him, Leipsic and a 1st.

Gave up way too much in the deal. Leipsic was an AHL All-star type player. Santo was finished. Franson was a never was IMHO.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Gave up way too much in the deal. Leipsic was an AHL All-star type player. Santo was finished. Franson was a never was IMHO.

Leipsic had no foreseeable future with the Preds. He couldn't crack Toronto's NHL lineup when they were bad. I realize he has managed to stick with Vegas but do you really think he would be an upgrade over any current Pred?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Leipsic had no foreseeable future with the Preds. He couldn't crack Toronto's NHL lineup when they were bad. I realize he has managed to stick with Vegas but do you really think he would be an upgrade over any current Pred?
Aberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad