Confirmed with Link: Cody Goloubef to Avs for Ryan Stanton

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 4m4 minutes ago
CBJ announces they have traded D Cody Goloubef to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for D Ryan Stanton

Edit: looks like torts likes Stanton and Cody will get another chance at the NHL, best of luck

Last edited:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I always liked what I saw from Goloubef, certainly more so than Prout on most occasions. Oh well, hopefully Cody gets a shot at consistent playing time in Denver.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
To the Avs? What is with the Avs and spare parts from the CBJ?

Good for him he gets a chance elsewhere. I didn't think it was right that he was sent down this year, though Prout's been fine too.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I really like Golo's game and hope he gets a chance in Colorado. Not sure why our management and coaches love Prout and Harrington over him, but it is what it is. Good luck Cody.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
To the Avs? What is with the Avs and spare parts from the CBJ?

Former Asst GM Chris McFarland in a similar role there. It only makes sense that you talk slightly more often to people you has gone with to do battle. From casual conversations spring the seeds of a deal.

Probably $$$ was a factor also. Golobuef is on a one way. Stanton is on a two way.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I know what I'm about to say literally means nothing but Stanton played 69 games for Moose Jaw from 2008-2009 and was a -40... That's insane.

Anyways, He has solid numbers at the NHL level when he is given the chance. This deal has Torts written all over it. He clearly likes something in Stanton's game. Wouldn't be surprised if Golo asked for a trade though. From meeting him at STH events, he is a great guy off the ice. I was a big fan of his game on the ice too. Never will forget when he broke his jaw and skated off almost as if he only took a high stick.. tough as nails.

Best of luck CG.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Stanton assigned to Cleveland.

I'm surprised. I expected Stanton to go to Columbus and Harrington (if anyone) coming to Cleveland.

Old Guy

Aug 30, 2015
I know what I'm about to say literally means nothing but Stanton played 69 games for Moose Jaw from 2008-2009 and was a -40... That's insane.

See.....I find that stuff fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Sorry to see Golo go. He was able to get called up and play a pretty well rounded game. Good skater and passer, with a decent shot.

He may have asked for this seeing how his chances in Columbus weren't panning out.

Good luck Golo.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I was an early champion for Cody back when he was an emerging player (I might even have suggested he was an ideal partner for Ryan Murray on the first D pair at one point, back around the time the board was considering John Moore's future), but whether by his play or lack of the right opportunity, it never felt like the emerged. Good luck to him.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Cody is a good #7 on the right team. I hope he gets more opportunities with the Avs.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
This saves about $500,000. We weren't resigning him next year.

With a top 5 of Jones, Werenski, Johnson, Savard and Murray...

not much ice leftover.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I was very surprised when Colorado not taken Goloubef through waiver before start of the season. Wish him all the best.
Stanton I've never heard about this guy earlier.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I liked Stanton when he suited up for Vancouver. Not someone you notice much on the ice, which is a good thing for a depth defenseman - goes through his minutes without much fuzz. A good plug, if you will.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I liked Stanton when he suited up for Vancouver. Not someone you notice much on the ice, which is a good thing for a depth defenseman - goes through his minutes without much fuzz. A good plug, if you will.
Which is exactly how I'd describe Cody Goloubef. Seems like equal value, which is a little odd from the CBJ perspective since the team has fewer right-hand shots. I guess it's plausible that Cody could have asked for a trade, which makes sense since he's probably an NHL-quality player, but he kept getting hurt at just the wrong time and now he's been passed on the depth chart by a few guys. Hope he gets another chance in Colorado. The guy broke his jaw and skated off like it was nothing. That's the kind of guy you root for.

Old Guy

Aug 30, 2015
Seems like equal value, which is a little odd from the CBJ perspective since the team has fewer right-hand shots.

CBJSlash has this correct just a couple posts earlier. Golobuef was on a one-way contract. Stanton is on a two-way. Both contracts expire in June 2017. The cash difference has to be about that $500,000 or maybe a little less. If Colorado needed a right shot depth D-man and knew he was going to see time with the big club, then go ahead and do the deal.

Based upon 20 games in Columbus, it became quite likely that Golobuef was not going to make it back up as currently configured, then Columbus should pull the trigger and save the cash. Plus, if Coach Tortorella knew Stanton from his Vancouver stint, he might see a fit longer term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad