Cody Glass- What's the Issue?

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
The Ellis-Patrick-Glass 3 way trade will likely go down as one of the most uneventful NHL transactions in recent memory.

While we may have "won" the trade for all intents and purposes, Cody Glass has been a disappointment.

At what point do we label the experiment a failure and waive him?

He is 24 with 0 points through 8 games.

He has a 46% Corsi as well which speaks to his lackluster ability to generate offense and is a -2.

It is becoming increasingly clear he is not a potential top 6 center and last year may have been a "Flash in the Pan"

Unless he goes on an absolute tear, 30 pts for the season may not be attainable

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Cody Glass has been playing top 6 minutes all season???
I forgot to factor in the game he only played 1 minute in, but excluding that he's still 9th at ES. His PP time, which is 3rd highest amongst forwards on average (and it's fair to question why at this point), bloats him into 6th overall, just ahead of Trenin and behind Sissons.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Too timid to be a commanding presence down the middle.

Hynes said last year that he thought Glass was afraid to play against other team's top lines and would pull himself from shifts as a result.

I think that should tell you everything you need to know about Glass.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

Hynes said last year that he thought Glass was afraid to play against other team's top lines and would pull himself from shifts as a result.

I don’t remember that at all. Can you tell me when this was said

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
To me it's the same thing as with Tomasino and Parssinen. We've seen them all look good/promising for extended stretches in the NHL in the past. It won't do us any good to bail on any of them right now. Just try to get them the opportunity and icetime and hope they turn things around with it. It's still early days in the season.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
To me it's the same thing as with Tomasino and Parssinen. We've seen them all look good/promising for extended stretches in the NHL in the past. It won't do us any good to bail on any of them right now. Just try to get them the opportunity and icetime and hope they turn things around with it. It's still early days in the season.
Yeah because of his injury Glass has played essentially seven games this season. It is concerning that he looks like he has regressed, but I feel like people put way too much weight into small sample sizes. We've got Glass signed for two more years and its not like he has trade values or we have anyone at the center position that is being blocked from getting gametime because of him. You just ride it out with him as 3C (at least when O'Reilly and Novak are healthy) and hope he turns it around. If he doesn't you just trade him for whatever you can get or let him walk at the end of his contract.

Last edited:

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Parsinnen clearly has shown he is on another level than Cody Glass in terms of game breaking ability and individual skill.... lets not forget that most of Cody Glass' goals were tip ins from screens and not the result of picking corners or dangling the opposition/goalie... He has shown very little actual goal scoring ability

Sounds about right...he is arguably the least impressive player we have ...and thats saying alot

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don't understand the Glass hate from you. I get not being impressed, but you seem to take it a step further to the almost obsessive stage. Did this guy hurt you in some way?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I don't understand the Glass hate from you. I get not being impressed, but you seem to take it a step further to the almost obsessive stage. Did this guy hurt you in some way?
Yeah I think its an interesting topic to talk about usage for Glass but why in the hell would we waive him? So we can get McCarron more ice time? Hopefully Svechkov is pushing for an NHL spot by the end of the season but it doesn't seem like he's there yet. Until then you just keep giving Glass opportunity and hope he can get it going again.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Can't find you the quote right now but it's there somewhere on this board as well.

Yeah because of his injury Glass has played essentially seven games this season. It is concerning that he looks like he has regressed, but I feel like people put way too much weight into small sample sizes. We've got Glass signed for two more years and its not like he has trade values or we have anyone at the center position that is being blocked from getting gametime because of him. You just ride it out with him as 3C (at least when O'Reilly and Novak are healthy) and hope he turns it around. If he doesn't you just trade him for whatever you can get or let him walk at the end of his contract.
Don't get me wrong, I'm here as well. I don't think Glass is anything special and shouldn't be on the team when we're trying to compete. As a stop-gap solution and feel-good story, I'll let it slide, however.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
The statement was made early in the season last year. He said that he was short shifting himself. The being afraid of other teams top lines is the part I do not recall being part of the statement. Regardless of the exact content of the statement, the situation corrected itself as the season went on.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

That's kind of a dramatic thing to say. I think he's disappointing and mediocre. I don't think he deserves a spot on this roster (when the squad is fully healthy) and I think he is over hyped on this particular forum.

I don't see what he brings to the table and why there is so much optimism around a guy who has been so mediocre.

I would love to be proved wrong and have him transform into a 60 pt player , but I am not going to hold my breath.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Unfortunately i believe glass is gonna top out in middle 6 C territory and preferably as a defensively responsible 3C. Hopefully he can change my mind as the year progresses but i think the constant injuries have hampered his progression and his self confidence

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
That's kind of a dramatic thing to say. I think he's disappointing and mediocre. I don't think he deserves a spot on this roster (when the squad is fully healthy) and I think he is over hyped on this particular forum.

I don't see what he brings to the table and why there is so much optimism around a guy who has been so mediocre.

I would love to be proved wrong and have him transform into a 60 pt player , but I am not going to hold my breath.

I don't know that it's dramatic. Just an observation. You post a lot about Glass and it's always a little extra. Now he doesn't deserve to the on the roster?

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN

And I think Hynes was an incompetent coach who did damage to our franchise, it's prospects, and the end of Poile's tenure.

So...yeah.

Reactions: triggrman

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
It’s really odd with Glass. I remember him, Tomasino and Tolvanen making plays in the game and a half they were teamed together. They were having fun, playing hockey and then they got split up. No idea why.

I’m unsure of Glass’s future but if he’s going to be a 40 point 3C with the way the roster is currently constructed, that’s not going to work. We need him to be a 50-60 point guy and I’m afraid he’s not going to get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad