Recalled/Assigned: Cody Glass to the stable, recalled 2/4

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Cody hasn't been the greatest but what has Koleslaw given the team being in there every night!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Holden is being waived to provide roster spot for Alex to return.
Remember before any LTIR.....There isn't room for Holden OR Glass when the team is healthy. Because Kolesar is indispensable. Any time they played Glass they would have to send Coghlan down and go with 5 D.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
It’s because he is the only player they can send down without a claim. Again, weakening the lineup because we have to hang on to Koleslaw no matter what.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It’s because he is the only player they can send down without a claim. Again, weakening the lineup because we have to hang on to Koleslaw no matter what.

I'm not sure Glass has made a compelling case to be kept up this season. I think we can do better than Kolesar, but he there are some redeeming aspects to his game, especially his physicality. I'd almost say waive the Reaver before Kolesar.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I'm not sure Glass has made a compelling case to be kept up this season. I think we can do better than Kolesar, but he there are some redeeming aspects to his game, especially his physicality. I'd almost say waive the Reaver before Kolesar.
I would do that in a second. Waiving Reaves and putting Kolesar in his spot just makes so much sense.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Waiving Reaves and Carrier makes all the sense in the world to everyone but the idiots running the team.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
After the coach says he played is best game he is sent down ....
Way to build Glass fragile confidence

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
After the coach says he played is best game he is sent down ....
Way to build Glass fragile confidence

PDB should have added that he can't wait to see what kind of player he is when he's 25, about the age where he might actually trust him again.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Waiving Reaves and Carrier makes all the sense in the world to everyone but the idiots running the team.

Carrier and Nosek and one of Reaves/Koleslaw is a perfect 4th line. Fix the 3rd line now and we're a real Cup contender. I'm not sold on Glass, his skating isn't NHL quality, I've seen little from him except in front of the net on the power play. Not giving up on him - last year he beefed up his frame, maybe next year he can work on his skating, but at the moment he's not bringing much to the table.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Carrier and Nosek and one of Reaves/Koleslaw is a perfect 4th line. Fix the 3rd line now and we're a real Cup contender. I'm not sold on Glass, his skating isn't NHL quality, I've seen little from him except in front of the net on the power play. Not giving up on him - last year he beefed up his frame, maybe next year he can work on his skating, but at the moment he's not bringing much to the table.
I'm okay with his lackluster skating. It's two things that are holding him back, in my mind. 1. His passing decisions are far worse this year than they've been in the past. 2. He gets his ass beat down on the board every single time.

With the passing, I let myself believe he has making first line passes to third line players, but he quelled that idea when he centered Stone and Patches.

With the boards, I'm at a loss. He has gained enough beef to hinder his skating, but that extra weight isn't paying off in board battles.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think you can top your team up to 18 skaters with emergency exemptions.
AFAIK, yeah, you need to first play a game down the players before you can emergency recall at that techincally sweet 0 cap. 1M(this season) cap... Cap on each recall, though, so no Holden for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad