RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
CJRn1iYUMAAyjwF.jpg:large

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Dale Arnold ‏@DaleEArnold 1m1 minute ago
My buddy @lbwaaf says @NHLBruins have an agreement with D Cody Franson. If true, good addition by Don Sweeney.

putabergeronthegrill

Oct 31, 2011
since when is Franson a top 4 d?

edit: to elaborate, we have enough puck moving d. Franson is repetitive and last I checked he wasn't great defensively.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
So if the contract is 3 years that means Chara McQuaid Seids and Franson will all be on the books for at least 3 years. Add in Krug and thats 5 spots. 3 Young defense men in Morrow Trotman and Miller all fighting for one spot each for 3 years. Not a fan of this at all. Franson isn't even that good overall.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I really hope we won't max our cap on a player like Franson. He should not be in the Sekera/Green level cap wise.

If we truly did sign Franson then Seids should go but he won't, atleast 4 slow skating players is not something I want, I'm still praying that C.Miller has one helluva pre season.

Chara L-Franson R
Seids L- C.Miller R
Krug L- McQ R

we want to be faster team and D who can provide offense through speed.

edit: saw someone saying they are fake tweets and Shawn Hutcheon saying Franson hasn't signed with anyone.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
So if the contract is 3 years that means Chara McQuaid Seids and Franson will all be on the books for at least 3 years. Add in Krug and thats 5 spots. 3 Young defense men in Morrow Trotman and Miller all fighting for one spot each for 3 years. Not a fan of this at all. Franson isn't even that good overall.

Trotman is almost the same age as Franson. His development should be irrelevant to us. I agree that opportunities must be provided to the other two and Arnesson starting next year.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Hopefully Franson can do better in a defensive system under Julien. If not, then he's not really a good add (barring if these rumors are true).

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
it wasn't a tweet, it was a facebook post, but in any case it's not on his facebook either. Sorry for the thread, feel free to lock it up.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
since when is Franson a top 4 d?

edit: to elaborate, we have enough puck moving d. Franson is repetitive and last I checked he wasn't great defensively.

He isn't really a puck moving D. He is big and hits and has a shot. Stylistically he is probably most like Boychuk, really. His shots find the back of the net a lot more the Boychuk's did. He is behind where Boychuk was in his own zone at 27, though, but I would think playing in a structured system will help his game a lot.

If Franson sighing is real, that is 7 D on NHL contracts and none of those D are named Morrow or Colin Miller. As things stand, they would both start in Providence.

I think another move happens if the Franson sighing is real.

edit.. and it looks like it aint.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Meh, not someone who will be a game changer. Hope it's short enough money. Still a handful of pieces to fall in place on D and most likely offense too before we are legit again. I think we should be sellers at the deadline and stack picks. Then flip picks for some big dogs next year. I think we are on a 3 year plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad