Cody Eakin

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
I have not seen any real talk about Cody. He is having a nice season in Dalls.

24gp 4g 11a 15p +3 47% in the Dot

I am not even sure what to think about it. He could have just as well been a bust I guess.

I makes the next few weeks with Ribs even more important.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Don't see why we'd be talking about Eakin since he's not playing here anymore?

That is true, but as a group we usually do a good job rooting for our own guys as they move on. And some people had high hopes for him.

And I bring it up more even more pressure on GMGM to do something with Ribs.

Its not far fetched to think we could loose Cody, Ribs, Semin and a 2nd. For nothing in a short amount of time.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I have not seen any real talk about Cody. He is having a nice season in Dalls.

24gp 4g 11a 15p +3 47% in the Dot

I am not even sure what to think about it. He could have just as well been a bust I guess.

I makes the next few weeks with Ribs even more important.

The team's so much better that we kept MAJO instead, 10gp 1 g 1a 2 pts -7. More Europeans please.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Always liked Eakin as a prospect, but would still do that Ribeiro trade again. If we extend Ribs, it's worth it. It we trade Ribs, there's a decent chance we could get a 1st and an Eakin-level prospect.

As well as he's played, I do think he just hit a hot streak and his production will come back down to earth. He's not a 50 point player.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Nobody wants to remember Eakin. He's doing well and Riberio is a threat to be traded or walk for nothing. I like the trade and would do it again until we lose Ribeiro for nothing.

Scary to see players leave here and do better.....makes you really wonder about the franchise even more.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Always liked Eakin as a prospect, but would still do that Ribeiro trade again. If we extend Ribs, it's worth it. It we trade Ribs, there's a decent chance we could get a 1st and an Eakin-level prospect.

As well as he's played, I do think he just hit a hot streak and his production will come back down to earth. He's not a 50 point player.
Eh, I think he likely is when in his prime and doubt they'll get a better prospect than Eakin back. Maybe someone like McNeill in a deep system but he doesn't have quite the same upside IMO. I'm not sure Eakin has the playmaking ability to be a quality 2C but he brings close to everything else to the table. I don't think he'd play as well here had he stayed but that's a whole different can of beans.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
Eh, I think he likely is when in his prime and doubt they'll get a better prospect than Eakin back. Maybe someone like McNeill in a deep system but he doesn't have quite the same upside IMO. I'm not sure Eakin has the playmaking ability to be a quality 2C but he brings close to everything else to the table. I don't think he'd play as well here had he stayed but that's a whole different can of beans.
What I find strange about NBTW calling Eakin a fluke is that he was certain Johansson was the future at 2C based off of a fluke 46-point season. Yet he has already written off Eakin when he's doing everything better at the same age.

I don't see what Eakin's doing as a fluke either. Even if he isn't producing he is still very much a useful NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad