Cody Eakin suspended for the rest of the 2018-19 playoffs

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
giphy.gif

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
Paul Stastny is the one who really draws my hatred for that play. There was no need for him to slam Pavelski to the ice like that. I’d love to punch him in the face.

Agreed. And when you think of it that way, Vegas actually got off easy. They should have lost Stastny which would have been even much worse.

Reactions: PackShark

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Paul Stastny is the one who really draws my hatred for that play. There was no need for him to slam Pavelski to the ice like that. I’d love to punch him in the face.

That's what I saw last night. I wonder if there would be a different tune around the league if Stastny got the hook and not Eakin. What Stastny did (And I've seen the play a couple times now) looked really bad and I believe it was intent to injure.

Reactions: Hailand

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
That's what I saw last night. I wonder if there would be a different tune around the league if Stastny got the hook and not Eakin. What Stastny did (And I've seen the play a couple times now) looked really bad and I believe it was intent to injure.
I wonder how people would feel if it was 5 min major to Stastny for a slewfoot. I don't know if agree if it was intent to injure but it did seem like they wanted to harass Pavelski in some way. Also, I didn't like the fact that Stastny hopped over Pavelski. I don't think Stastny does that if he knows that Pavelski is okay cuz Pavs could get up and take him out of the play easily. I think Stastny knew that Pavs was an injured ragdoll the moment it happened.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Eakin, Stastny, and Gallant all need to be suspended for the start of next season. This was an obvious attempt to "send a message" while being up 3-0 that blew up in their faces.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

Same here. Surprised by the lack of discussion on Statsny's actions. The best (in his favor) I've seen is "pure reactionary". I call BS. He could have chosen a lot of actions - everything he did strikes me as a complete lack of regard for a player's health. I get the heat of the moment angle but still there are some boundaries people should have .

Anyhow, Vegas got their due. Normally karma takes awhile to reveal itself. Last night it did in 4 minutes :)

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Eakin, Stastny, and Gallant all need to be suspended for the start of next season. This was an obvious attempt to "send a message" while being up 3-0 that blew up in their faces.

Exactly. I hope they get more payback - that was just some plain dirty crap all around.

jarr92

May 7, 2013

Totally agree. Watching the game again, they were going after Pavelski's face and trying to take cheap shots right before it all happened.

Reactions: slocal

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
while we're at it. Marchessault also needs to sit a few games for bitching about the officiating after the game.

classless sore f***ing loser.

Reactions: Sharksfan83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad