Cody Ceci

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Watched him during the Ottawa game. Really like his game. He's young but clearly NHL ready. We have a need for a young Dman because Butler won't re-sign. Then our D will look like
Gio-Brodie
Smid-Russel
Wideman-BLANK
The blank would probably be Billins. But is he a every day NHLer. And you don't want to bring up 19/20 year old Dmen too early. Ceci could be good with Monahan (team mates on the 67's) and there are a lot of 67 Dmen in this draft that could play with Ceci later. Maybe next trade deadline or in the off-season with Glencross + who the Sens like

TEAM: Ottawa Senators
POSITION: D
JUNIOR: Ottawa 67's, OHL
DRAFT: 2012, 15th overall 1st round, Ottawa Senators
HEIGHT: 6'0
WEIGHT: 215 lbs
BIRTHPLACE: Ottawa, ON, Canada
SHOOTS: Right

GP-G-A-PTS

2009-10 Ottawa 67's: 64 4 8 12
2010-11 Ottawa 67's: 68 9 25 34
2011-12 Ottawa 67's: 64 17 43 60
2012-13 Ottawa 67's: 42 11 29 40
2012-13 Owen Sound: 27 8 16 24

2012-13 Bing Senators: 3 1 1 2

2013-14 Bing Senators: 24 2 15 17
2013-14 Ottawa Senators: 31 2 5 7

NHL Totals 31 2 5 7 8

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
We won't be getting Ceci for Glencross. First off,the Sens are really high on him. Secondly, Glencross will not be be moved because he won't waive his NTC. Unrealistic IMO.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I meant Glencross +. But I think Glenny will soon waive his NTC. If not Cammy, Wideman (plus a lot), Russel, Hudler. They're looking for another FWD

May 27, 2012
Earth
I meant Glencross +. But I think Glenny will soon waive his NTC. If not Cammy, Wideman (plus a lot), Russel, Hudler. They're looking for another FWD

So you are just creating false speculation? There is a reason why he even signed the contract. He wants to stay in Alberta. If I was Ottawa I would keep Ceci. Acquiring a forward at this point is redundant for Ottawa especially with the acquisition of Hemsky. They are budget team and I doubt Melnyk spends more money, otherwise Alfie would still be in Ottawa.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I just don't see Ottawa getting rid of one of their defensemen considering outside of Methot and Karlsson.. it's just not very good.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Gryba and Weircoch honestly are dime a dozen D men

Flames comparables: Wideman and Butler :laugh:

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I really don't like Ceci's game at all, and I think we have plenty of defensemen in the system who are of his skill level. It'd be a wasted trade.

What don't you like about Ceci's game and who would you call comparable?

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
What don't you like about Ceci's game and who would you call comparable?

The other day you said we should trade Cammy and Jankowski for Dumba...

Ceci is a primarily defensive defenseman with some offensive instincts who projects as a middle pairing defender. That sounds exactly like Tyler Wotherspoon or Patrick Sieloff to me. Why do we need another? We need high-end defensive prospects instead.

The things I don't like much about Ceci's play is that from everything I've seen he tends to be a tad behind the play, although all rookies generally are. He also has absolutely no physical element in his game. Overall, I think he's an average prospect, not something we need more of.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Ceci is a primarily defensive defenseman with some offensive instincts who projects as a middle pairing defender. That sounds exactly like Tyler Wotherspoon or Patrick Sieloff to me. Why do we need another? We need high-end defensive prospects instead.

The things I don't like much about Ceci's play is that from everything I've seen he tends to be a tad behind the play, although all rookies generally are. He also has absolutely no physical element in his game. Overall, I think he's an average prospect, not something we need more of.

Ceci is not a defensive Dman. In Juniors he was putting up points. Just because he isn't producing in the NHL right away doesn't mean he Defensicve Dman.

Edit: 170 points in 265 games. Definitely a defensive dman...

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Ceci is not a defensive Dman. In Juniors he was putting up points. Just because he isn't producing in the NHL right away doesn't mean he Defensicve Dman.

He has shown flashes of offense, and appears now to be a more complete player than he was in his early junior days, but Ceci is considered to primarily be a defensive defenseman. He picked up points in junior because they played him on the power play because he was the best all-around defenseman on the team, not because he is Torey Krug.

May 27, 2012
Earth
He has shown flashes of offense, and appears now to be a more complete player than he was in his early junior days, but Ceci is considered to primarily be a defensive defenseman. He picked up points in junior because they played him on the power play because he was the best all-around defenseman on the team, not because he is Torey Krug.

Link to where he is considered a defensive Dman?

Ceci is more a Two-way dman than defensive, He has 27 hits in 31 games. He is not a DFD. He will be Brodie type player, much tall version with more offensive skill.

Last edited:

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Link to where he is considered a defensive Dman?

Ceci is more a Two-way dman than defensive, He has 27 hits in 31 games. He is not a DFD. He will be Brodie type player, much tall version with Offensive skill.

Just watch his game, although two-way is admittedly a better term to describe him, but I wouldn't say he is an offensive defenseman either, which is what the Flames need. Also, early in junior he was definitely a defensive defenseman, the offense came after playing in the CHL for four years. Additionally, when you compare him to Brodie you have to ask why we need another Brodie. We want a filled out defensive roster, not one completely comprised of rounded players.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Just watch his game, although two-way is admittedly a better term to describe him, but I wouldn't say he is an offensive defenseman either, which is what the Flames need. Also, early in junior he was definitely a defensive defenseman, the offense came after playing in the CHL for four years. Additionally, when you compare him to Brodie you have to ask why we need another Brodie. We want a filled out defensive roster, not one completely comprised of rounded players.

I watched quite of few Senators games. I live in Ontario and they are only 3 and half hours away, and I am a bit of a fan, same with T.O. I can for sure say he is a two-way dman with offensive skill. Right now he is better offensively. Just because he has 7 points in 31 games isn't an indication of a defensive dman. He is only 20 years old. I watched the heritage Classic and he rushed up into the zone and scored. His Offensive IQ is greater than you than what you say.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I watched quite of few Senators games. I live in Ontario and they are only 3 and half hours away, and I am a bit of a fan, same with T.O. I can for sure say he is a two-way dman with offensive skill. Right now he is better offensively. Just because he has 7 points in 31 games isn't an indication of a defensive dman. He is only 20 years old. I watched the heritage Classic and he rushed up into the zone and scored. His Offensive IQ is greater than you than what you say.

Honestly seven in thirty-one isn't bad for the type of player he is. He looks like a #6 defenseman offensively but that's about where I'd expect him to be as a rookie considering his ceiling.

However, the point still stands that we have plenty of players that do what he does, and I never said he had no offensive skill, in fact I admitted in my first post that he has at least some offensive instincts. Right now, though, I think he's slightly more defensive than offensive, and although he will probably pan out into a two-way guy, he is never going to have the offense to anchor a power play or play in a top pairing. Ceci is another Brodie, or Wotherspoon, or Sieloff, and we don't need another.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I also love in Ontario and watch a lot of Sens games. Ceci is two way but without a doubt more offensive. He looks like Wotherspoon more. Not like Sieloff. Not really like Brodie. Brodie is always in the rush. Ceci doesn't join it too often. Ceci will be a 3/4 guy.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I also love in Ontario and watch a lot of Sens games. Ceci is two way but without a doubt more offensive. He looks like Wotherspoon more. Not like Sieloff. Not really like Brodie. Brodie is always in the rush. Ceci doesn't join it too often. Ceci will be a 3/4 guy.

I don't see how these two statements work together.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Honestly seven in thirty-one isn't bad for the type of player he is. He looks like a #6 defenseman offensively but that's about where I'd expect him to be as a rookie considering his ceiling.

However, the point still stands that we have plenty of players that do what he does, and I never said he had no offensive skill, in fact I admitted in my first post that he has at least some offensive instincts. Right now, though, I think he's slightly more defensive than offensive, and although he will probably pan out into a two-way guy, he is never going to have the offense to anchor a power play or play in a top pairing. Ceci is another Brodie, or Wotherspoon, or Sieloff, and we don't need another.

Ceci will be a PP guy. He will be a top 4 guy, who can play top pairing if needed. He is much better than Wotherspoon and Seiloff. Tspoon is a two-way who is better defensively, Sieloff is Smid type of player. Ceci will be better than Brodie, I am not going to lie. Brodie will be a good two-way guy. Ceci will be more offensively inclined.

Essentially what I am trying to say is that Ceci would become our #1 d prospect, and in no way this trade will ever happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad