Confirmed with Link: Cody Ceci signed by Edmonton (4 years @3.25mil)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Don't remind me :(
I'm (was?) a big Klefa fan. It's such a shame that he wasn't able to walk away from the game on his own terms.
Klefbom's comments after the expansion draft tell me that he would like to return still. Also, during the season he was playing local sports that seemed to me to be a form of rehab. I would expect an update this summer.

Bottom line is that Klefbom was an important part of this team. I doubt they would just let him fade away into the background unless the story wasn't truly over

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Klefbom's comments after the expansion draft tell me that he would like to return still. Also, during the season he was playing local sports that seemed to me to be a form of rehab. I would expect an update this summer.

Bottom line is that Klefbom was an important part of this team. I doubt they would just let him fade away into the background unless the story wasn't truly over

Something came out around January that Klefbom was skating again in December and suffered a setback and that its all but over now. I don’t remember the source but I think he’s legit finished.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Something came out around January that Klefbom was skating again in December and suffered a setback and that its all but over now. I don’t remember the source but I think he’s legit finished.
I researched that a bit and it is pessimistic but it's still uncertain. He may try again. Is recall opinion pieces like that saying he was done before he ever tried to make a return in December.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

I missed that, and now I’m disappointed again. I keep holding out hope because he was my favourite Oiler, but it’s definitely not looking good. You don’t see many #1 dmen done at 26 (has there even been any others?), and it stings that he was on such a massive steal of a contract.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I missed that, and now I’m disappointed again. I keep holding out hope because he was my favourite Oiler, but it’s definitely not looking good. You don’t see many #1 dmen done at 26 (has there even been any others?), and it stings that he was on such a massive steal of a contract.
A guy named Bobby Orr comes to mind. He had 1 final big season on 1 leg as a 26 year old then was done.

Reactions: oilers'72

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I 100% feel for Klefbom and always feel sad for him when I see his name still technically on the roster.

I can't imagine all the work, luck, timing and everything to fall into place to get a chance to live the dream of playing in the NHL and have it derailed so young due to injuries.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Yes but he technically wasn’t actually out of the league at that point
He may as well or should have been & did I miss something with Klefbom because I don't think he's "technically" out of the league either at this point so I'm not sure of your point.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He may as well or should have been & did I miss something with Klefbom because I don't think he's "technically" out of the league either at this point so I'm not sure of your point.

Well Orr still played games at 30. Klefbom isn’t playing and Holland said he suffered a significant setback in his recovery

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I 100% feel for Klefbom and always feel sad for him when I see his name still technically on the roster.

I can't imagine all the work, luck, timing and everything to fall into place to get a chance to live the dream of playing in the NHL and have it derailed so young due to injuries.
Sucks that this injury has bled over into his non sports life but he is still a very young multi millionaire with a great life ahead of him. I bet 100% of the people here would take that curse ;)

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad