Prospect Info: Coda Gordon signs an ATO with Abbotsford Heat

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
As per team website:

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=713117

The Abbotsford Heat announced today that they have signed forward Coda Gordon to a contract.

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 1h
Also, 2012 6th round pick Coda Gordon (Swift Current) was added to Abbotsford's roster on an ATO over the weekend. #Flames

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 1h
@instynsbrayn Nope, it happens all the time. It's an ATO to allow him to play AHL hockey at the end of his junior season. #Flames

Last edited:

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Really excited about this. I think the kid has the potential to bring something significant to the Heat and hopefully later the Flames!

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Should be interesting. If memory serves me correctly, if the Flames don't sign him by June he goes back to the draft. Also starting to look like both Flames and Heat rosters might be hard to crack into for a guy like Gordon.

Still, I was hoping it would happen!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
this is several days old. he signed Friday I think, he was skating with the team Saturday.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
71 points in 59 games will be a huge addition to the Abbotsford line-up

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Mid-round pick from 2012. Played junior with Swift Current, put up decent offensive numbers. More likely to be the next Ryan Howse than the next Max Reinhart.

Howse is exactly who I associate Gordon with, except Coda has a little more grit but not as skilled. Also, from the few times I've watched him he doesn't appear to be gritty enough to be a bottom player which is about the best outcome for him.

There would of been a time about 5 years ago, that Gordon may of been a top 10 prospect for the Flames, but with all our depth we have I really don't see where he fits which is why I wouldn't be surprised if he got cut loose.

He does a have a really good attitude though and he seems like a likeable guy, I hope he proves me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad