Movies: Cocaine Shark

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
what-the-hell-was-that-smoking.gif

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
As an enjoyer of bad movies, I hate these kinds of bad-on-purpose movies.

Companies like Asylum saw movies like The Room and Troll 2 become popular so they try to cash in on it by making their own bad movies. But the reason those movies were funny is that they were actually trying to make a real movie.

Editing mistakes, boom mics in the shot, bad VFX, etc are funny because you know they're honest mistakes that happened because of how hard filmmaking really is and how ill-equipped everyone involved was to make a movie.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm guessing they changed the name to Cocaine Shark to capitalize on the success of Cocaine Bear

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I love B-movies, but a good B-movie (even when utterly ridiculous) is at least earnest. Even if they know the premise is absurd, the acting is hammy, and the VFX budget isn't going to come close to cutting it - they're still trying to make something that's genuinely enjoyable. These kind of intentionally terrible movies are cynical takes, shallow cash grabs that disrespect both the viewer and the art of movie-making.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
This looks like it's done by a student for a class project...and not even a film school level production.

It looks like it was done by a high school student who procrastinated all semester and just realized he had a week to submit his final project.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad