Coaching change??

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Someone loses their job because the goalie, counted on to be a starter who's never been a starter before, can't catch? And it wasn't said someone who CHOSE to run with this goalie?

Sounds fishy.

I don't know if you've watched many games lately, but it's not just the goalie's inability to catch that is costing games. This was supposed to be a year of progression, and outside of Hanifin, we've pretty much only seen the opposite.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
The Canes secondary scoring has been absolutely abysmal this year. We have 8 guys who are playing on an almost nightly basis that have combined for a total of 8 goals and 215 man games played .

That must make it so easy to deploy matchups against the Canes, and it's no wonder why we are seeing guys like Aho, TT, and Skinner go on these crazy swings of hot and cold streaks. Something has to be addressed on that front.

Sure some of these guys are defenseman or more of a defensive forward, but the goal of the game is to put a puck in the net. These guys are simply not doing that at all and that's a problem. It may look like a small fix but I'd be interested to see what the dynamic of the team would like if we injected Zykov, Wallmark, & Foegele into the lineup and took out Kruger, Jooris, & Nordstrom.

I think something like this might start opening the ice for the whole roster. Kind of like in football if you have an effective pass game it's going to open up the run game for you too. Getting our 4th line to produce a few goals will start to provide the Canes with some hopefully mismatches.

You guys might ask who's gonna kill penalties now that practically our whole PK squad is benched? Honestly I don't know, Foegele maybe one of those guys, but our PK is ranked 27th so how much worse could it get? Next man up time.

If we can't make a trade or don't have the courage to fire Bill Peters yet, please shakeup the team in this direction to see what our young forwards can potentially do.
These kids are winning hockey games down in Charlotte their young youthful winning energy could be just what this team needs.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
they basically need to replace mcginn's top 9 spot with a top 6 winger and derek ryan with a 1st line center. Replacing the 4th line with AHL'ers won't help.

that said I'm fine with Foeg daddy. If he really has elite nhl speed (don't know) that's something the winger corp desperately needs.

also they need to get a f***ing save. though the last two goals against last night weren't Darling's fault, it hurts when Gibson slams the door on 7 or 8 hdsc's in quick succession.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
they basically need to replace mcginn's top 9 spot with a top 6 winger and derek ryan with a 1st line center. Replacing the 4th line with AHL'ers won't help.

that said I'm fine with Foeg daddy. If he really has elite nhl speed (don't know) that's something the winger corp desperately needs.

also they need to get a ****ing save. though the last two goals against last night weren't Darling's fault, it hurts when Gibson slams the door on 7 or 8 hdsc's in quick succession.
You're right it's not a solution. But it could help and add some sorely needed scoring. Right now jack shit is being done to improve the team

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Agree, the fourth line has been worthless. Funny how they talk about rolling four lines but then the fourth line consists of a bunch of bums. Bring up some people that actually want to be here. I'm concerned about pesce and slavin, the lack of consistency

Honestly the fourth line we have would probably of been a fantastic 4th line in the NHL 4-5 seasons ago. The problem is the game is getting so much more skilled & depth on teams is up the wazoo. Just a few seasons ago 3rd lines were the go to shut down line, now those shutdown lines have been replaced with skilled forwards. The same thing is happening with the 4th line now in the NHL as well, not many teams are running strictly a defensive minded 4th line anymore like we are. There's skill reaching teams 4th lines now. I think it's something we should try with our own depth and see how it goes.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
I think we all need to exercise a little more patience. We knew coming into the season that scoring was going to be an issue. The wins will start coming once we add some firepower, whether it be through FA, trade, or player development.

I think we are going to ride Darling as the primary until he either puts it all together or crumbles under the pressure. We need to know if he is going to be “the man” for the immediate future. We won’t find that out if he is the backup.

Francis has the right idea. He just needs more parts. We’re still a year or two away. Peters’ system will look much better with competent goaltending and an extra goal for per game.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I think we all need to exercise a little more patience. We knew coming into the season that scoring was going to be an issue. The wins will start coming once we add some firepower, whether it be through FA, trade, or player development.

I think we are going to ride Darling as the primary until he either puts it all together or crumbles under the pressure. We need to know if he is going to be “the man” for the immediate future. We won’t find that out if he is the backup.

Francis has the right idea. He just needs more parts. We’re still a year or two away. Peters’ system will look much better with competent goaltending and an extra goal for per game.
I think we have waited enough. Francis said by himself, that we have to make playoff this year, or it will be considered a failure year. Francis have to do something now, not just sit on his hands and do nothing.

Johniac

Jul 18, 2011
North Carolina
The elephant in the room is the $5 - $15 million less being spent by the Canes than the competition. Except for hitting a home run with a bargain draft pick or reclamation project, that disparity in spending is what brings you better talent on the third and fourth lines or a sniper on the first line. That is why I have a hard time blaming Francis because the spending constraint has to be coming directly from the owner PK. Sadly, if we don't spend to ice a winning team, we won't bring in the revenue to continue affording a winning team in the future. It is a vicious circle though I certainly don't recommend spending just for the sake of it.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Someone loses their job because the goalie, counted on to be a starter who's never been a starter before, can't catch? And it wasn't said someone who CHOSE to run with this goalie?

Sounds fishy.

It's sort of fishy. But a GM change doesn't have a chance to fix the season. And the goalie situation is pretty much what it is for the season. That leaves the Coach as the only head that can roll that might get an immediate result. And who knows, maybe a new coach has magic words that leadership the team and makes goalies catch things again. I think that's how it works, anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad