NCAA Coaching Carousel 2019

Sep 19, 2008
Curious how frayed LSU management is with Will Wade. He was suspended because he was not cooperative with the AD and the investigation. There is a good chance Wade may be fired soon, but then again Sean Miller and Bill Self have kept their jobs so far throughout the FBI scandal :laugh:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Word around the campfire was that Wake Forest is going to cut ties with Danny Manning, but now I'm reading that they might keep him another year. Either way, his seat is very hot especially with a new AD coming on board in May.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Phil Martelli was fired by St. Joe's this morning. End of an era in Big 5 basketball, which also won't have Fran Dunphy. Too bad it came down this way, he should've had the building named after him, but I guess he didn't want to retire and St. Joe's needed to move on.

The Hawk will never die

Reactions: Roman Fell

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Phil Martelli was fired by St. Joe's this morning. End of an era in Big 5 basketball, which also won't have Fran Dunphy. Too bad it came down this way, he should've had the building named after him, but I guess he didn't want to retire and St. Joe's needed to move on.

The Hawk will never die

Damn. His dad passed away last month, and now he doesn't have a job.

PhillyWings

May 10, 2010
PA

The Hawk will never die

About time they showed Phil the door.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
About time they showed Phil the door.
Villanova has kind of raised the profile of the city and the other schools have kept up.

I don't know what Temple can do, they're not in a good conference for them to recruit nationally or locally. You can see why it was time for Fran to get out.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Danny Manning returning to Wake Forest. He has a pretty big buyout so makes sense but man, Deacons fans are not happy.

Interesting to learn that Alabama is cutting ties with Avery Johnson. I get they didn't have a great year but come on, it's a football school and they made the tournament last season after not doing so since, 2011?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Interesting to learn that Alabama is cutting ties with Avery Johnson. I get they didn't have a great year but come on, it's a football school and they made the tournament last season after not doing so since, 2011?

Obviously, losing to an 8 seed in the NIT sealed his fate. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I don't remember what the expectations were for Alabama basketball this season, but it's not like they were awful. For what it's worth, they were my 3rd team out.

Reactions: HisIceness

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
UCLA offered John Calipari a 6 year contract worth an AAV less than what he's scheduled to make next year. Kentucky offered him a lifetime contract.

Rick Byrd (Belmont) is retiring.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Texas A&M is one of those programs that I feel should be better than they are. I get Basketball isn't the forte in Texas but there's no reason the Aggies with their resources can't put a team that can be a regular tournament contender and maybe even make a Final Four one year. We'll see if Williams is the guy to lead them there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad