Management Coach DJ Smith - Part 2

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Pierre also said DJ was a great coach for development on a recent podcast.

Sounds like Pierre understands DJ was a budget hire and now he can get a guy to kick the team in the ass especially since Pierre himself will have a really short leash.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I think Boudreau was the clear choice in 2016 but Minnesota offered him that extra year/money that Melnyk didn't. DJ could have also been a budget hire.

Maybe. Just because he didn't get the exact guy he wanted doesn't mean he isn't responsible for the choice. It's pro sports. There are rarely ever ideal circumstances.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think Boudreau was the clear choice in 2016 but Minnesota offered him that extra year/money that Melnyk didn't. DJ could have also been a budget hire.
I don't know DJ Smith's salary; however, I doubt that it is in the top 50% for coaches. More likely in the last 5 of the league making it definitely a "low budget hire".

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Do they walk on water? No? No Hire!

And wasn't the scenario with DeBoer strange with some drunk meeting that led to him not being hired?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Oh he gone then.
If he was gone, Dorion would have fired him by now. To me that says he wants to keep them, but Dorion doesn't want to go on record saying DJ will be the coach next year, incase new ownership says no.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
If he was gone, Dorion would have fired him by now. To me that says he wants to keep them, but Dorion doesn't want to go on record saying DJ will be the coach next year, incase new ownership says no.
Maybe. Or maybe Dorion wants to fire him but wants to ok it with new ownership to tack on paying out DJ in addition to hiring a new coach.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015

Pierre also said DJ was a great coach for development on a recent podcast.

Sounds like Pierre understands DJ was a budget hire and now he can get a guy to kick the team in the ass especially since Pierre himself will have a really short leash.

Let's hope so, I'm not cofident in DJ's ability to take this team to the next level. The coaching staff needs an upgrade this summer.

Reactions: Psycroptic86

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
On TSN Dregwr just said one of the three bidders remaining is interested in bringing in Patrick Roy. My guess is Andlauer.

Last edited:

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

This guy is obviously a fraud. He pretends to be an insider based on known information. Like yesterday we hear Dorion not being all that confident in DJ, and dreger mentioning the Roy attachment to one of the bidders. So this guy will come up with this narrative. He’s just like any other sens twitter podcaster.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This guy is obviously a fraud. He pretends to be an insider based on known information. Like yesterday we hear Dorion not being all that confident in DJ, and dreger mentioning the Roy attachment to one of the bidders. So this guy will come up with this narrative. He’s just like any other sens twitter podcaster.
All of these guys make statements like they know what they are talking about they live for interactions. Non of them know anything.

That being said I think id like the hire. I think he probably doesnt have a very long shelf life but I bet the team responds right away.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I don't feel great about Roy but I'm willing to give it a chance.

He's a one and done type of coach I think. Immediate impact that wanes quickly.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I don't feel great about Roy but I'm willing to give it a chance.

He's a one and done type of coach I think. Immediate impact that wanes quickly.

My thoughts exactly.

It has me thinking that whoever the next coach is that, whoever is in charge, better keep the next coach on a shorter leash than DJ has had (for better or worse).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad