Movies: Clue: The Remake (think they'll break the fourth wall?)

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
so, a Clue remake?

I don't think much of the writers of Deadpool nor do I like the idea of Reynolds cast in such a movie. If this actually moves forward, I think it's destined to head down the Robocop/Total Recall path of remakes that make you question why they ever bothered.

They shouldn't be going for another over the top comedy if they're doing Clue. It's already done. You're not going to top it. You can, at best, hope to break even. But you won't. Do it as a straight up serious thriller or murder-mystery. Do it as a musical. Do something different.

Maybe they will surprise me.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Can you call it a remake whereby it is a completely different murder mystery than original abeit with the same characters.

It is more of a reboot. A bit like Christopher Nolan rebooting Batman.

I for one are looking forward to it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's gotten to the point where anything old is a "classic".

It had some decent performances but I don't think it's untouchable.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Go watch a stage show called Undercover. It's an improv murder mystery where an audience member gets chosen to be apart of the play as a rookie detective.

It's clue like and will actually be fun, unlike this remake.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Eh.... not necessarily interested, but not necessarily opposed either.

They better do different endings in different theaters again, though.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Did not know the original Clue did that. That's great.

Yeah, when they show the two "fake" endings and then the "real" ending on TV, each ending was actually one that was shown in separate theaters. A third of the film reels had one ending, a third had another ending, and a third had the final ending, and they were just sent out just so that people that saw the film at different venues would likely have different endings and wouldn't understand what the other was talking about.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
One of my favorite movies with superb comedic actors & casting, PLEASE leave it alone!

"Just checking....everything alright?....Yep, two corpses, everything's fine." :popcorn:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
whos gonna play yvette :naughty::naughty:

I'm afraid that that wouldn't fly in today's culture. We're supposed to be empowering women, not portraying them as sex objects and helpless homebodies. Therefore, Yvette will be a strong, successful businesswoman... and you'll be expected to applaud the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Sidorkiewicz

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
One plus two plus one plus one.

Definitely some jokes in the original that I didn't get until I was older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad