Club vs Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Canada ftw!!!

That being said, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Sweden wins.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
club before the olympics even started, well I have always been a team sweden fans since 07 because Alfredsson got me into hockey not Canada.

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
Karlsson, Alfie, and Silf are players or former players on my favourite NHL team. Canada is my country. So at the Olympics on the international stage, that is what matters. Canada for me.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Canada all day every day.

In fact, I'm hoping Weber checks Alfredsson into a retirement home and Nash sends Silf to the locker room making him a piddling, crying mess who's never able to recover from the shame of his nation and he's out of the league in 1 year and playing in the ECHL.

Why? Well, **** Alfredsson for going to Detroit just to get himself a gold with his Swedish bffs and Silf only because I'm hoping that he fails hard so comparisons to Bobby Ryan by the less informed on this board stop. Nothing personal on Jakub.

But yeah...**** Alfie.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Karlsson. The Sens are my life.

Canada is just an all-star team that plays every 4 years. Completely irrelevant.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Seriously????
If you are a Canadian but cheering for Sweden because of Karlsson you have some real issues.

Uhm no, people can cheer for whatever team they want to for whatever reason they want to, if you think otherwise then your the one with serious issues.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Uhm no, people can cheer for whatever team they want to for whatever reason they want to, if you think otherwise then your the one with serious issues.

One is your country; a place you were born in, live in,and are identified as. The other one is your favourite team. Sorry there is no comparison.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think the poll should be Senators vs Team Canada, that would cause a much more heated debate.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canada.

Players don't dictate sense of team as they can leave your club when you least expect it (Alfie / Heatley / Hossa). We are a Canadian franchise therefore the Sens are Canada.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
One is your country; a place you were born in, live in,and are identified as. The other one is your favourite team. Sorry there is no comparison.

So your saying i should be forced into cheering for team canada because i was born here? wow thank god you are not in charge of my rights. at the end of the day Canada is just another favorite team

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Karlsson, Senators mean much more to me than being Canadian. Don't even live in Canada any more either. Also I want EK to have a monster game and shut every doubter up on the main board.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Canada. I'd love to see Karlsson perform well and if we lose it will be nice consolation but this is the olympics. Karlsson hat-trick in a 4-3 Canada win (Karlsson not on the ice for Canadian goals) would be awesome.

World Juniors is a little different because I think winning there is always a good boost for development so I often pull for our prospects over country. That's why it's so nice to have guys like Stone and Lazar on team Canada. Win-Win. If we have prospects on Canada and another team obviously I pull for Canada.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I care more about the Ottawa Senators than I care about Team Canada

Way, way, way more

I'm still cheering for Canada on Sunday though

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Canada's my home country, simple.
It'll be no problem putting my love for Karlsson and Alfie aside for a couple hours. I guess there's at least a silver lining to a loss now. No pun intended.

I was ecstatic when watching the women's team capture gold. I had almost forgotten how great it feels to cheer on a club that wins it all. This is our chance to win something because fact is, Ottawa won't be. Melnyk's recent Sun article just pisses me off. Hate that total POS.

Now that I think about it, the Olympics are a really nice break from the frustrations of being a hardcore Sens fan.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's going to be a big trip seeing Karlsson on the team I'm cheering against..

A great opportunity to know how the rest of the league feels whenever he has the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad