OT: Closest NCAA Div 1 School to NYC?

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Ya, looks like Yale would be slightly closer than Quinnipiac.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Also Sacred Heart is close.

Here's a good map:

ncaa_ice-hockey_2010-attendances_n.gif

http://billsportsmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ncaa_ice-hockey_2010-attendances_n.gif

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Sacred Heart, Army, and Princeton are all about an hour according to google maps and between 50 and 60 miles away.

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011
Please be more specific... For hockey?? Or a division 1 program?? U have non hockey division 1 rutgers, manhattan college, LIU, Wagner, st Francis, St. John's, seton hall, St. Peter's...

GarretJoseph*

Please be more specific... For hockey?? Or a division 1 program?? U have non hockey division 1 rutgers, manhattan college, LIU, Wagner, st Francis, St. John's, seton hall, St. Peter's...

Being its a hockey board, I think it was specific enough! :D

SupersonicMonkey*

West Point. Army.

Hopefully with the new arena being built in the Bronx, which is supposed to have a large enough capacity arena for a minor pro team, NYU will finally step up with the big boys. Not holding my breath, though.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
West Point. Army.

Hopefully with the new arena being built in the Bronx, which is supposed to have a large enough capacity arena for a minor pro team, NYU will finally step up with the big boys. Not holding my breath, though.

They're closer than Fordham is right now. And they'd only have to be D3, which would leave room for a few players to stay on the team while Fordham would have to bring in a full roster to be a D1 team. A lot of the NYU guys are Junior A players who took the year off to try to go D1 and couldn't. I plan on trying out in a few weeks actually.

member 157595

Sacred Heart, Army, and Princeton are all about an hour according to google maps and between 50 and 60 miles away.

In metro NYC, you can ignore any online service's timing estimation, since it's entirely traffic-dependent.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I used to love going to West Point games as a kid. Also, if you get a chance, check out a Yale/Harvard or Yale/Cornell game in New Haven.

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
UConn's joining Hockey East in 2014-15 and moving their games to Hartford. Still a bit of a troop but I'd say worth it for the BC, BU, ND, Vermont games

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
In metro NYC, you can ignore any online service's timing estimation, since it's entirely traffic-dependent.

Not to mention it can take well over an hour just to get from one side of NYC to the other.

Kris Chreider

Pass Off The Pads
Aug 17, 2012
NYC/Minneapolis
I've been waiting for my Lions to establish a D1 program for years :\

As in Nittany Lions?

Gonna be brutal for you the first couple years. Pretty tough conference (but not nearly as stacked as the WCHA). It's too bad Minnesota lost so many key players to the pros, imagine what they could've done in the big 10.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm curious what makes you so curious.

NCAA hockey is just about the best thing since sliced bread. If you're looking to become a fan then good choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad