Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
J9rHAsN.jpg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For any classic Gamer fans here is a channel dedicated to music remixes of said games.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ocremix/featured

Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Mega Man, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Xenogears just to name a few.

Here is Glam Rock remix of Legend of Zelda. (1:45 is where is gets good)

Have played all those games pretty cool. Btw the new Zelda is F'ing amazing!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Nearly 4 AM and I haven't gotten any sleep.. I should wake up early too since I'm planning on spending some time with my brother. :help: At this point I'm thinking about staying awake until the next evening if I can't fall asleep soon.

Okay, this day is going to be a challenge. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Nearly 4 AM and I haven't gotten any sleep.. I should wake up early too since I'm planning on spending some time with my brother. :help: At this point I'm thinking about staying awake until the next evening if I can't fall asleep soon.

Okay, this day is going to be a challenge. Wish me luck.

tinypotato.jpg

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I survived! We had some good time and I didn't fell asleep.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think i just made myself look like an idiot to Canucks fans. I suggest not checking out their board.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ah the memories of when I'd draft up my own Zelda game. It was so freaking awesome. I thought I was so original that Link had to learn how to use and manipulate the powers of the elements (water, fire, earth, air) and then I discovered that Avatar was a thing and there went my idea.

So it was transformed into something else and to make a very, VERY long game much more shortly summed: The game is called TLOZ: The Warrior of Ages

After Link's village is attacked and burned to ground by a dark army of monsters and they ask him to appeal to Zelda for aid. But the problem is Link's village is one of only many targets by Ganon as he systematically razes Hyrule to the ground before aid can arrive. Link meets Zelda and she immediately has a hunch that Link is the young, blonde hero of ancient prophecy called the Warrior of Ages.

She believes only this hero can beat Ganon so she has Link visit an oracle who indeed confirms to be that hero. Link is given numerous temples to conquer (think fire, forest, water etc... all the good stuff is there) but these temples were divinely designed by the Gods to be a test for this hero and teach him the skills necessary to conquer the great evil and give Link more items to use. At the end of each temple Link learns a new piece of information (be it pieces of a map or song I can't decide which) that gives him the location of a sacred shrine that houses the Master Sword. In the meantime Zelda has long since abdicated her throne because Ganon made an ultimatum that more people would die unless she stepped down. Needless to say Zelda's approval rating is 0% and most of Hyrule is spinning because they feel betrayed by their princess and openly rebuke her.

So anyway after beating enough temples and gaining some awesome weapons, Link finds the shrine and gets the Master Sword. Almost immediately he is tasked with conquering the game's last temple which is an equivalent of the Shadow Temple (which used to be a normal temple since desecrated by Ganon's presence) in order to purify it of the evil inside of it. Shortly after Link gets a message from Zelda to meet her in a hotel in Kakariko village and when Link is ready, it's time to team up and whip Ganon's candy ass. They team up, Ganon is beaten and there ya go.

There's so much more I haven't gone into but believe me it's intended to be interactive as can be including regular horse racing that you can win money on, archery contests, fishing at huge ponds, a strongly implied love interest for Link and a little chapter in the middle of the game that I call "payback time" where Link and one of the leaders of the Goron Village head out together after victory at the fire temple and team up to decimate Ganon's army using hundreds and hundreds of explosives and instead of riding out on Epona, Link is riding out on a giant Dodongo that is very... VERY angry and even more destructive. Let's just say they do so much damage that they effectively blow up most of the mountain.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ah the memories of when I'd draft up my own Zelda game. It was so freaking awesome. I thought I was so original that Link had to learn how to use and manipulate the powers of the elements (water, fire, earth, air) and then I discovered that Avatar was a thing and there went my idea.

So it was transformed into something else and to make a very, VERY long game much more shortly summed: The game is called TLOZ: The Warrior of Ages

After Link's village is attacked and burned to ground by a dark army of monsters and they ask him to appeal to Zelda for aid. But the problem is Link's village is one of only many targets by Ganon as he systematically razes Hyrule to the ground before aid can arrive. Link meets Zelda and she immediately has a hunch that Link is the young, blonde hero of ancient prophecy called the Warrior of Ages.

She believes only this hero can beat Ganon so she has Link visit an oracle who indeed confirms to be that hero. Link is given numerous temples to conquer (think fire, forest, water etc... all the good stuff is there) but these temples were divinely designed by the Gods to be a test for this hero and teach him the skills necessary to conquer the great evil and give Link more items to use. At the end of each temple Link learns a new piece of information (be it pieces of a map or song I can't decide which) that gives him the location of a sacred shrine that houses the Master Sword. In the meantime Zelda has long since abdicated her throne because Ganon made an ultimatum that more people would die unless she stepped down. Needless to say Zelda's approval rating is 0% and most of Hyrule is spinning because they feel betrayed by their princess and openly rebuke her.

So anyway after beating enough temples and gaining some awesome weapons, Link finds the shrine and gets the Master Sword. Almost immediately he is tasked with conquering the game's last temple which is an equivalent of the Shadow Temple (which used to be a normal temple since desecrated by Ganon's presence) in order to purify it of the evil inside of it. Shortly after Link gets a message from Zelda to meet her in a hotel in Kakariko village and when Link is ready, it's time to team up and whip Ganon's candy ass. They team up, Ganon is beaten and there ya go.

There's so much more I haven't gone into but believe me it's intended to be interactive as can be including regular horse racing that you can win money on, archery contests, fishing at huge ponds, a strongly implied love interest for Link and a little chapter in the middle of the game that I call "payback time" where Link and one of the leaders of the Goron Village head out together after victory at the fire temple and team up to decimate Ganon's army using hundreds and hundreds of explosives and instead of riding out on Epona, Link is riding out on a giant Dodongo that is very... VERY angry and even more destructive. Let's just say they do so much damage that they effectively blow up most of the mountain.

Nintendo only wants to know one thing: What gimmick are you going to push to the detriment of the game?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Nintendo only wants to know one thing: What gimmick are you going to push to the detriment of the game?

Obi trice real name no gimmicks!

Alright to seriously answer the question there's no gimmick I'm trying to push. It's just the story of 14 year old boy, his horse and the Gods at his side willing him to succeed so he can help set things right for a princess who was doomed from the moment Ganon attacked. There's an understanding within the game that "this too shall pass" but peace cannot be earned without sacrifice.

This game is all about stuff you haven't seen before. When I say Zelda is disgraced I mean it. People HATE her because she couldn't station enough protection for the villages against Ganon and she steps down under threat that the attacks will continue until there is no kingdom left to rule. So in other words the bad guy wills himself to victory via surrender. I'd have the game set up to where Ganon will even attack the same villages again before Zelda gives up depending on how long the player takes.

I guess if I wanna get hokey I can write in that the spirit of Link's love interest communicates to him through a magic ring (I can't remember if that's been done yet) and tells him what to do like being the new Navi. I mean.... that's gotta be determental enough right?

Spoiler alert I've long considered having Zelda die in the battle against Ganon. Her dying act is putting on this huge grin and spitting in his face and saying he is going to lose. I figure "Why not?" because the games are non-linear and nothing is stopping another Zelda game from being made without any consequence of what happens in this game. There'd be a huge party in her honor and everything.

I mean it's not like we beat these games and suddenly we see her again. She might as well be dead anyway

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Those are some interesting Ideas AlwaysSunnyInTampa.

I had written down some ideas for a game as well in my teenage early 20s for a RPG in the vein of Final Fantasy. The story would take place over the course of 3 years and started with a cival war with the main character setting out on a quest to become more powerful so they can put an end to the war. However over the three years the war would spread turning into a full out world war. The main character would then become so powerful that instead of becoming the force that will save the world they realise they have become the "force that will destroy the world" and them coming to grips with the fact the only way to save the world is if they are destroyed.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Sonic Mania has been getting good reviews. It's released on Tuesday for consoles (via download I believe, not sure about a physical release), and for Windows at the end of the month.

They do seem to retread a lot of level themes though. Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Oil Ocean, Flying Battery etc., but they're different courses (of course). It's apparently like a 60/40 split for classic to completely new.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Sonic's problem has been Sega always pushing the 3D games out way too early, as well as a lack of a clear vision for the 3D games overall. They just kept trying different things, but kept falling short of the fan and critical praise they were looking for. Even after Sonic Generations was actually well received, they didn't stick with that formula. (although they seem to be coming around)

Sonic 4 was also an attempt at what the comic is saying. Old gameplay, but with new graphics. The issues was they badly messed it up and it didn't feel like Genesis Sonic.

Sonic 4 is basically non-canon at this point where Mania is being seen, and presenting itself as the true successor to Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I watched the first two episodes of the new Ducktales series since it was in my YouTube recommendations, and I was curious about the treatment they'd give it. It's actually quite watchable for grown-ups. It had several jokes that made me laugh, although I'm aware I stretch the definition of a "grown-up". David Tennant as Scrooge is brilliant casting (although he sounds a bit too youthful, IMO)

Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webby are all aged up, which makes their characterization quite a bit different from their "Unka Skrooge" era. It took me a little bit to get used to it, but I at least ended up liking what they did regarding Webby and Dewey. They didn't focus much on Louie or in particular Huey, so I don't have a feel for them yet.

I haven't seen reviews yet, but the YouTube comments and like/dislike ratio is very positive about the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad