TV: Clone High Reboot (HBO Max - 2 season commitment)

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That's pretty interesting. I really enjoyed Clone High back when it aired, though I doubt that it will be nearly as good with the way things are written in 2020. I'm guessing that Gandhi won't be back, given that his character was controversial even back then.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
That's pretty interesting. I really enjoyed Clone High back when it aired, though I doubt that it will be nearly as good with the way things are written in 2020. I'm guessing that Gandhi won't be back, given that his character was controversial even back then.

At least they're bringing back all the main writers and producers, though. Based on how much I enjoyed Into the Spider-Verse, I'm optimistic this will be good.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
HBO Max bringing two seasons!

From the link:

Clone High, which only lasted for one season on MTV between 2002 and 2003, will reunite original creators Phil Lord, Bill Lawrence, and Christopher Miller, who are all serving as executive producers of the new project. South Park’s Erica Rivinoja, who wrote on the original series, is also returning as showrunner. Lord and Miller will write the series.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Holy shit, I watched this show 20 odd years ago. This came out of left field.

HBO might as well double up and spend some money on bringing back Undergrads while they're at it.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I'm interested to see how this goes. Bill Lawrence's shows usually tickle my fancy and I'm assuming most, if not all, of the voice cast will return even if it's for new characters. I doubt Genghis Khan will be portrayed as a mongoloid again or Marie Curie as a deformed sideshow freak. JackSlater already mentioned that portraying Ghandi as a hornball party animal was controversial 20 years ago, maybe they'll go with a more accurate depiction this time and portray him an an Aparthied-supporting pervert who slept naked with young women. #CancelMahatmaGandhi

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad