Injury Report: Clitsome Back Surgery - Out For The Season

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@NHLJets: Grant Clitsome underwent season-ending back surgery yesterday at the Marina Spine Center in California. DETAILS >> http://t.co/qUzVXHXdvU

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
That's pretty unfortunate for Grant, but hopefully he heals up well and can get back to the form that we've seen in the past.

Potentially could open up some cap flexibility with LTIR.. Not that I'd really expect the Jets to be looking to bring in too much salary right now.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Wait, what?

When and how did he injure his back? I had completely forgotten about him.

I wish him a good recovery and hopefully he comes back good as new next year.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Clitsome-behind-the-net-300x182.jpg

Bit more on the release from Jets.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
That's pretty unfortunate for Grant, but hopefully he heals up well and can get back to the form that we've seen in the past.

Potentially could open up some cap flexibility with LTIR.. Not that I'd really expect the Jets to be looking to bring in too much salary right now.

Ltir is mostly about timing. There a good capgeek page on this. Essentially you either want to be right against the cap or cap minus ltir player. Anything else and you reduce the ltir benefit.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
I had high hopes for him. He was on fire the last half of the 2013 season. I assume he was playing hurt this season, because he was awful. Here's hoping to a full recovery and the return of Clitmore next season.

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
Anyone know what the actual injury is?

I have no idea, but if I had to wager a guess I would say a herniated disk, with a possible side of pressure on the nerves.
If it were a fracture it would have been more urgent.
Could be completely wrong though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad