Post-Game Talk: Clinch

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
There were so many dumb plays like this. When they had the lead. At one point MIka & Panarin were in the offensive zone. Panarin whips a cross-ice pass to Mika thru 3 Flyers. So then Mika whips it right back to Panarin, thru the same 3 Flyers. Of course it got picked off & went the other way, leading to chances for Philly. Just dumb. And Vesey's shot on goal from a terrible angle that missed & zipped right out of the zone & created more Philly opportunities.

Their decisions were terrible. They refuse to just play in the offensive zone.
What annoys me the most is when two Rangers players go after one player or one puck in their zone. It almost always leads to a goal. One of the coaches is wasting their salary.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Can we just mail the 2 pts. to Colorado? If the Flyers could do to us what they did with our 3 defenseman, then what do you think MacKinnon and co. will do to us? They will ragdoll us into oblivion if our forwards don't wanna be especially responsible. It's easy to blame Ruhwhedel, Scanlin and Jones, but it wasn't just them.
When I was a betting man, this game would look like a "sure thing". Even if we had our full squad, Avalanche are 28-7 at home. Just mail it in.
(Shhh, that's my reverse jinx, that nobody will see here, surely gdt will be up soon)

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I don’t mind the Flyers guys too much. They’re homers but that’s part of the job. They give credit and are complimentary to players that are playing well, like Panarin and Lafreniere last night. They also seem to have taken a liking to Chytil over the past few years and would talk him up quite a bit in their broadcasts.

I think they went a little too far on the homer side with their treatment of Fox and their commentary on the Trocheck goal.
Jim Jackson (Flyers play by play guy) is one of the best in the league imo. A very enjoyable listen. Sounds exactly like what a hockey broadcast should be.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Well said and the Rangers have faced plenty of adversity this year. They played all season without an nhl 3C. Key injuries to many guys, their star goalie forgetting how to play for 6 weeks. Canes on their backs all year. Lot of big time wins and comebacks

I think this team is ready
Yup, and IMO the theme this year has been resilience. We hear daily about this and that deficiencies of the lineup as a whole or certain players in particular but a very telling "real" stat (besides being the tops of the league with dozen games left) is that the Rangers have the best (winning) record after allowing the first goal. They also probably have one of the best records coming back from a couple of goals down too.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Yup, and IMO the theme this year has been resilience. We hear daily about this and that deficiencies of the lineup as a whole or certain players in particular but a very telling "real" stat (besides being the tops of the league with dozen games left) is that the Rangers have the best (winning) record after allowing the first goal. They also probably have one of the best records coming back from a couple of goals down too.
During the telecast last Saturday they mentioned that the rangers lead the league in comeback victories over the last 3 seasons combined. I believe it was 22 at that time.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Our beat writers have no pulse for the team and no common sense. Obviously Quick is starting tonight. Larry is the only one who semi gets it. This new crop has got to be flushed.

Reactions: tiggles

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Our beat writers have no pulse for the team and no common sense. Obviously Quick is starting tonight. Larry is the only one who semi gets it. This new crop has got to be flushed.
It's easy to be CISed when you stay CISed.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
And they’re right. Torts starts Poehling and Cates in overtime LMAO. Tippett hasn’t touched the ice in their last two OTs. Imagine the rangers sat Panarin in OT for Alex wennberg
Pretty sure sitting Tippett wasn't for no good reason. WE as Rangers fans, wouldnt knbow WHY. I side with Torts decision making. He knows best, with his teams. Flyers fans, nor our fans DO NOT know any better than he or any coach for that matter.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Where is the GDT? Somebody slacking? Please this board wouldn't want ME to do it. It would be half assed! Lol
Gonna put this here, even though it's a day of game sentiment.
Before this month started, I had predicted (wished/hoped for/educated guess) whatever you wanna call it.......for at least an
8-4-2 or even better a 9 win month.
Well, vs mostly PO bound reputable teams, we stand at 8-3-1 thus far. Only losses to Florida,Tampa & Winnipeg, loser pt. vs Toronto.
A nice 6-1 record at home (Peg)
Split these last 2 games we'll get/surpass what "I asked" from the hockey Gods. Your welcome.
I don't believe we have a chance in hell in beating Colorado, and beating an inferior team in Arizona.
But as we all know nothing is a given, and it wouldn't surprise me if somehow we win tonight, and then turn around and lose to Arizona. Just saying.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Torts always hated skill players.

In his tenure here with the New York Rangers, Zherdev and Gaborik were the closest things we had to true perimeter finesse skill players.

And if you've developed a scheme that the whole team except 1-2 guys are buying into, who feel excluded from the dirty work because they score 20-30 goals... I can see why it would be frustrating.

And I liked Gaborik. You guys all forced him out of the door when Nash got here because you concluded he was spare parts at that point. Thankfully we got a great deal for him.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Can we just mail the 2 pts. to Colorado? If the Flyers could do to us what they did with our 3 defenseman, then what do you think MacKinnon and co. will do to us? They will ragdoll us into oblivion if our forwards don't wanna be especially responsible. It's easy to blame Ruhwhedel, Scanlin and Jones, but it wasn't just them.
When I was a betting man, this game would look like a "sure thing". Even if we had our full squad, Avalanche are 28-7 at home. Just mail it in.
(Shhh, that's my reverse jinx, that nobody will see here, surely gdt will be up soon)
Good one!! :laugh:

We got no shot to win the Cup so we may as well just cancel the season now.

In his tenure here with the New York Rangers, Zherdev and Gaborik were the closest things we had to true perimeter finesse skill players.

And if you've developed a scheme that the whole team except 1-2 guys are buying into, who feel excluded from the dirty work because they score 20-30 goals... I can see why it would be frustrating.

And I liked Gaborik. You guys all forced him out of the door when Nash got here because you concluded he was spare parts at that point. Thankfully we got a great deal for him.
Torts yelling at Gaborik on the bench constantly was irritating. I personally forced Nash out of here? He forced himself out of here making all that money and turning into a defensive checking forward. But that is a whole other conversation.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Pretty sure sitting Tippett wasn't for no good reason. WE as Rangers fans, wouldnt knbow WHY. I side with Torts decision making. He knows best, with his teams. Flyers fans, nor our fans DO NOT know any better than he or any coach for that matter.
Noah Cates has 13 points, what’s the master plan there? Torts is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad