Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Think media really fell in love with the miracle year of 20% shooting in Vancouver. Tocchet probably wins the jack Adams easy and Hughes the Norris. He plays 4th forward and suck defensively but didn't matter. The shots just kept doing in from anywhere all year when he was on the ice and the +'s racked up. Media guys love the +/- stat.

I get a bit of schadenfreude watching guys get kicked out of the playoffs and winning these awards afterwards. (Jack Adams Tocchet talking himself out of the playoffs and Norris Hughes unable to produce or defend in the playoffs, in these cases.)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I just went through his history to see what he's yapping about that got the thread locked.
giphy.gif

Must kill him inside knowing the Oilers have more success than his stupid leafs. Hope he cries himself to sleep tonight, f***ing goof.
There are multiple Leafs fans on this website who have damn near built their entire personality around the belief that the Leafs can't win because their division is just too good.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just gonna say it now.

With the same rosters, we don’t win this series with McLellan, Tippett or Woodcroft.

The adjustments Knob made game to game were masterful.
I appreciate how he realized he was falling into the McDrai trap mid-series and adjusted back to the balanced top-6, which played a lot of important minutes in Games 6 and 7.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
There are multiple Leafs fans on this website who have damn near built their entire personality around the belief that the Leafs can't win because their division is just too good.

And they wonder why nobody outside the leafs fanbase likes them. They're like the spoiled little runts who always find something to bitch and whine about if they're not 1st or mentioned in anything that doesn't involve them either.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Alright, I went online, paid my respects to Vancouver fans and said "hey great series, it was an all time classic, Canucks put in a fantastic effort" etc.

And the lil shits are still pissing and whining about refs and injuries and whatever else.

Respect time is over, get over yourselves and f*** right off.

Want your team to stop losing? Stop waving a white flag at the start of every series.

f***in idiots

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Knoblach has done a great job this season, as far as I can tell. He made key adjustments between games 5 and 6, and once he did the Oilers were dominant (disregarding two late goals tonight).

Ryan McLeod... I really want to like this player, but he makes it hard.

Perry needs to stay seated. It will be good when Henrique is ready to go again, but for God's sake don't put him on McDavid's line. Keep the line that has worked all season -- Connor, RNH, Zach.

I just hope a few days off gets Connor back to health.

I dunno... I'm not that worried about Dallas. I think the Oilers beat them with room to spare.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Alright, I went online, paid my respects to Vancouver fans and said "hey great series, it was an all time classic, Canucks put in a fantastic effort" etc.

And the lil shits are still pissing and whining about refs and injuries and whatever else.

Respect time is over, get over yourselves and f*** right off.

Want your team to stop losing? Stop waving a white flag at the start of every series.

f***in idiots
They even got a statue in front of their rink honoring the white towel waving

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Huge props to coach Knobs. We’ve been waiting forever for a coach that actually makes tactical and personnel changes/adjustments, and he’s aced it so far this playoffs. He has limited depth to deal with at certain positions, but he saw that Nurse/Ceci wasn’t working, but still trusted both players, and the new pairings have been as good as we can expect, a marked improvement. He sat Perry, which is a tough thing to do considering his resume this time of the year, but it was the right move. Unlike the previous coach, he sat Skinner after a bad game and played the backup, and had incredible balls to come back with Skinner in two elimination games. His change on our breakout schemes for games 5 and 6 was well thought out, and was a key to our success, the speed in the neutral zone was evident and gave the Canucks fits as we entered their zone. A really bright coach who doesn’t become unglued, is a good tactician and caters his coaching to the type of team we have. I don’t think we win this series with Woody behind the bench.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Love that Nurse McD chest bump. f*** do they want this bad.

Standard Leaf’s derangement syndrome. It’s a real thing. And it’s a serious ailment.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Huge props to coach Knobs. We’ve been waiting forever for a coach that actually makes tactical and personnel changes/adjustments, and he’s aced it so far this playoffs. He has limited depth to deal with at certain positions, but he saw that Nurse/Ceci wasn’t working, but still trusted both players, and the new pairings have been as good as we can expect, a marked improvement. He sat Perry, which is a tough thing to do considering his resume this time of the year, but it was the right move. Unlike the previous coach, he sat Skinner after a bad game and played the backup, and had incredible balls to come back with Skinner in two elimination games. His change on our breakout schemes for games 5 and 6 was well thought out, and was a key to our success, the speed in the neutral zone was evident and gave the Canucks fits as we entered their zone. A really bright coach who doesn’t become unglued, is a good tactician and caters his coaching to the type of team we have. I don’t think we win this series with Woody behind the bench.

Kinda feels like knobbs pays attention to the hfoilers. Lol

He calls the huge time out after 2 quick goals. Something our last idiot coaches couldn't do.
He changes the pairings when it isn't working and he makes goalie change.
He's awesome.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I shit on Nurse a lot, but he had a f***ing great game. Was the main person calling the team over for the timeout to settle everybody down. That's leadership right there. Good shit, Doc.
Apparently he had a big speech to calm the team too. That’s a huge show of confidence and leadership. We may be able to see him come up in big games after all. Will need everyone at their peak for rd 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad