Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Just coming in to say full marks on the series win, your team was the better one. Had a great time debating many of your fan base on a respectful level, appreciate that. Enjoy the gloating for the others, the war of words back n forth by many from both sides was very entertaining to read, and some prob deserve their humble pie.

Goodluck on next round, as I said on mains, I still can't bring myself to root you guys on, our rivalry is too deep rooted, but what I love is proving opinions wrong.

Show everyone that predicted an easy series regardless of which of our teams went on, that we aren't f***ing pushovers. I still have my Canadian pride, and while I see why we are a part of 2 of the most hated fan bases, ppl need to respect our Canadian teams. Play the underdog role quietly, let them talk shit. If you win the tears will be delicious, if you lose, hopefully your team pushes them so hard that hopefully ppl will stop denouncing and disrespecting what the teams coming out of Canada can do.

Again, congrats on the series win, f*** you guys for it lol, the better team won, enjoy the rest of the playoffs. Also again, f*** you guys 😂

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
If so, one could think of a few better candidates. Makar, Josi had terrific seasons.

Think media really fell in love with the miracle year of 20% shooting in Vancouver. Tocchet probably wins the jack Adams easy and Hughes the Norris. He plays 4th forward and suck defensively but didn't matter. The shots just kept going in from anywhere all year when he was on the ice and the +'s racked up. Media guys love the +/- stat.

Last edited:

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
As I continue (and probably will for the next few days) to hear the Canucks and their fans give us absolutely zero credit, makes me hate them even more, and really start to relish this. Enjoy the golf and the yardwork, losers!
Good luck in the next round from a Canuck fan who is tired of seeing American teams win the Cup.

As for some of the reactions you're seeing, some of it of course comes from animosity between Oiler fans and Canuck fans, but some is probably just wishing for what might have been. As time reduces the disappointment of losing we'll eventually see nobody in Canuck Land will be claiming the better team lost-and not very many would be saying that now.

My prediction had been Oilers in 6, so the Canucks lasted longer than I'd hoped.

As I see the next round the Oilers have an advantage over the Stars in their top end talent and the Stars have a depth advantage, so the most interesting thing to watch may be how the coaches match lines and shift changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad